Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tapering off Trazodone

Re: Tapering off Trazodone

Thank you xx

Noticed this thread and will give you my experience of coming off Trazadone. I increased to 200 briefly after being on 50 for 6 weeks then 100 for 4 weeks. Made me feel anxious and nauseous as I increased dose so decided not for me. I was given bad advice from my useless GP who advised to drop 50mg every 3-4 days. I was a complete wreck with really bad nausea and headaches. I came off Trazadone within 2 weeks which was way too fast. I think I had withdrawal symptoms for 4-6 weeks after stopping including depression. Hope that you improve soon. I think coming off an AD medication quickly can sometimes get it over with but for some folk this results in several weeks / months of lingering withdrawal. Having said that You are taking a very low dose. Have you tried to stop taking it?

Hi hipha, wow that does sound quick, mine is a very slow withdrawal in comparison! I'm now down to 25mg from 50, dropping 5 per week.

I haven't tried to just stop taking it as I was warned not to and I'm a bit of a wuss really so would like minimal side effects!!!

I've been ok the last few days although my sleep is still very hit and miss but it was at 50 so not much change there!!!

Thank you for sharing your experience with me, bet you're glad to be off it! Did you notice your sleep go haywire when you came off it?

Hello Crystalhiggs. I moved from Trazadone to Mirtazapine with only 3 days gap in between so I did not notice any difference. Trazadone was certainly good for sleep but Mirtazapine is equally good for sleep but has not helped with my other symptoms. The way I see it tapering off an unwanted drug slowly means you are taking the drug for much longer than you would want to. You know your body and it seems we are both examples of the extreme approaches and experiences of withdrawing. Hopefully your slow taper will reap its reward with little or no lingering withdrawal after stopping for good. All the best to you.

Just an update, I'm down to 25 now. I'm sleeping really well and my anxiety is not prominent at all at the moment. I occasionally feel a bit nauseous but that's it. Hopefully I'm coming through the other side!

Ps CBT is helping as is lots of cycling - fresh air and exercise = eating and sleeping better!

well done crystal..

I'm really pleased things are working out for you, Crystal. It must be a huge relief!

I wouldn't mind getting back into cycling myself.

Thank you!

Well something is working! Barely thinking about sleep now! Eating well, feeling happy, enjoying life again!!!

Terry cycling has completely transformed things for me. I cycle miles now each day through country lanes, woodland, little villages - I've discovered so many new places! I love it! I sometimes go with a friend, sometimes on my own. I feel healthy, love all the fresh air I'm getting - even love wearing different clothes that make me feel 'sporty'!

Also cbt has helped, I've only had 3 sessions but it is totally working for me.

Will be glad to come off the Traz completely but right now I'm taking one day at a time and making the most of each day.

If you are barely thinking about it then it sounds like you have exited the cycle. Blips may come but now you will handle them much easier and they may just be the odd night. Thats what I found anyway when my insomnia period ended.

That sounds really nice. I'm not far from the countryside myself and I used to cycle the lanes between villages with my mates when I was younger. Good times!

I used to walk the ones closer to home and it was nice to get away from everything.

If you feel CBT is working for you at such an early stage then that is a great indicator for success.

onwards and upwards!!!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information