Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tapering off Trazodone

Re: Tapering off Trazodone

Down to 20

Well I'm doing ok! Went down to 20 on Saturday. No bad side effects so far touch wood!

I'm sleeping really well, eating well, still cycling miles each day, and generally feeling good other than the odd wave of nausea in the evenings.

Hoping it will be an easy ride from now on...three and a bit more weeks!

Sounds good, Crystal. Maybe its going to hit you more coming down from the higher doses and then its very mild from there?

Are you sleeping ok or even better for this?

I wonder if the exercise is what you needed more than anything? It is known to regulate hormones and increase periods of deeper sleep.

Terry I'm sleeping better than I have in months. And it has coincided with the cycling so I'm sure this is the main reason. All that fresh air and sunshine, getting the old endorphins going, it can only do good eh?

I hope it will be just easy from now on and I'll be off Traz ASAP!

Thats a massive massive relief for you then! Yes, it does sound like it was exactly what you need. They say exercise can be as effective as antidepressants and in countries with less healthcare e.g. Russia, they prescribe exercise before meds! We've got it ass backwards over here, I think

Well, its certainly a good sign if you are able to keep coming down with impact.

I know, I want to shout it from the rooftops! But I'll wait a few more weeks before I post a success story, taking one day at a time and practising CBT techniques too.

I have the dentist this afternoon which I am quite nervous about as I think he needs to do a root canal or extraction, but talking to myself rationally and changing the negative thoughts is helping. I mean no one likes the dentist do they??

And I will be free of toothache afterwards. So the end justifies the means. Onwards and upwards..

Exactly, not many people find they can go to the dentist without some nervousness. What I have found though is that dentists seem more understanding of anxiety than GP's do. I guess its because it is so prevalent in their work. So, I've found they are very accomodating.

Definately. I broke one of my wisdom teeth shortly after I relapsed and suffered going on the meds. I put up with it for a while and even cancelled one appointment for extraction but on the second I managed to go for it. I can remember staring intently at the ceiling light whilst he removed it and it did help. I know that a distraction technique so I just gave it a go and I'm glad I did but I was a bit all over the place afterwards for a few hours.

Good luck with it, I'm sure you will be fine.

Thank you Terry, I have CBT this morning so hopefully that will help too.

I know it isn't going to be pleasant at the dentist but will really try to focus on something else and not get too worried about it.

I went to a different dentist on Friday and didn't like Her at all, she was rude and uncaring so I ended up leaving without booking an appointment for treatment. I went straight over to my son's dentist who is private and very expensive but decided I'm worth it (my husband and son both go private so why shouldn't I?'!) and explained my situation to them and they couldn't have been lovelier.

I'm taking care of myself now, no more settling for second rate treatment I've been through enough!!!

I lost my dentist when I was younger (probably under the settee where everything else goes ) as he decided to leave and his partner didn't want any more clients. I never bother looking for another one back then. So, when this happened I called the local NHS line which tells you which ones in your area can be used.

I travel further for them but they are really nice and I'm happy with their service. They are really cheap too!Unless you go beyond 3 appointments for a treatment, its only about £37.50 and the 2nd one is free! By the 4th you get stung but thats more the root canal type stuff I guess.

Yeah, why can't you use them if they do?!

Yes I think it very much depends on the dentist as opposed to NHS or private but I just suddenly thought why shouldnt I go privately too?! Plus the few NHS dentists there are around here don't have a great reputation so I'll see how this one is today. Just want to feel looked after as opposed to being just another patient!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information