Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Prozac diary continued..

Prozac diary continued..

Day 21 start of 40mg so far so good.

Re: Prozac diary continued..

4th day on 40mg or day 25 I think. I've started taking them at night instead of the morning. Woke up at 4 o clock ish worrying I might have schizo affective disorder or something like that and all this is irreversible. Came on here to reassure myself that what I'm experiencing is normal. It's always worse at night.
    Got back to sleep eventually.
    Very anxious today and feeling exhausted. I don't work I left my job in January so thankfully I don't have to struggle with that but I'm so tired today. Walking and getting up out of bed is a struggle.
    Had quite a hectic bank holiday weekend and I'm a bridesmaid in 2 weeks time so I'm a bit nervous about that also.

do you feel any better on 40mg, or has it not been long enough to tell?

20mg wasn't having any effect. 40mg I'm getting more symptoms rather than blank. Too soon to tell if it's working/going to work.
    I'm going to give it until at least August if not try something else..
    How are you getting on?

some days good some days not so good. still on week 7. get really bad headaches everyday. I just want to feel like I can do things like everyone seems to do! im back to work everyday etc but just seem to be plodding rather than enjoying. I think I will try 40mg if I dont feel good at 12 weeks. I just dont want to go through all the hell of starting on fluoxetine again, which is what I have read about upping the dose? does upping the dose really feel like starting on it from scratch? I know everyone is different x

The side effects I'm experiencing aren't very nice. I'm tired and can hardly concentrate. I didn't have any side effects from 20mg.. In fact.. I felt really relaxed and content after the first couple of doses but it went away and I was back to square one. I should have probably stuck it out on 20mg but I took the advice of the doctor. Going to give this a good 12 weeks though.

yes do. drs say basically what's in the books. listenning to other people who have and are going through the same helps way more. keep posting on here to let me know how you are getting on x

Hi hope you dont mind me butting in.. im approaching 10 weeks on 40mg! First 5 weeks were horrific, side affects were really scary! Then at week 6, 7 i felt a little better and thought that this was the turning point.. however last few days side effects again and horrible tension headaches.. doc said keep going till 12 week and then see how you feel.. the betterdays diary says there should be some significant change in mood and anxiety at 10-12 week so gunna hold out till then.. Keep strong guys and keep posting. Thanksx

the headaches are horrendous!

They really are horrendous and paracetomol etc doesnt take it away:(

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information