Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can any women help me please read this if you've suffered with thrush before thanks!

Can any women help me please read this if you've suffered with thrush before thanks!

I was on antibiotics about 2/3 weeks ago for a tooth abscess half way through the antibiotics I got thrush and brought some canesten duo wich worked a treat... anyway the abscess didn't go even with the antibiotics so this week I went back to the dentist and he cut all my gum open to let the abscess drain and sent me home with more antibiotics and guess what I've got thrush agen down below it's really uncomfortable I read on the Internet if you get it more than once in 6 months to see a doctor I've been ringing the doctors all week and they can't get me in am i ok to use canesten agen? ? I can't cope with how uncomfortable it's making me feel.... just to add I haven't got a sexual partner and haven't had one since last year so I know its the antibiotics that's leaving me like this everytime I take them!! Please if anyone could give me advice id be so greatful thanks in advance xxx

Re: Can any women help me please read this if you've suffered with thrush before than

Antibiotics can cause thrush! Amoxicillin is one I believe..

Re: Can any women help me please read this if you've suffered with thrush before than

Yeah I know that's the antibiotic I've been on but what im asking is I used canesten duo about 2-3 weeks ago for thrush but now I'm back on antibiotics and the thrush has came back because I've had it twice in 3 weeks am i ok to use canesten to get rid of it agen or do I have to see a doc I've been ringing my doctors all week and they can't fit me in I can't cope with being this uncomfortable and I'm worried about using canesten agen any advice would be greatly appreciated x

Oh sorry!

Yes I imagine you can use Cansten longer. It's probably like athletes foot cream you have to use it a while even after it has seemingly gone. Phone a pharmacist..

---------- Post added at 08:46 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

Pharmacists are really helpful with medicines and how to take them etc

plain yogurt worked for me i dipped a tampon in it and inserted it sounds gross but when you're desperate you try anything and believe me that yogurt worked . I also got thrus while taking amoxcillin for bronchitis .

try the yogurt it works great obviously for a man they just smear some on

---------- Post added at 09:11 ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 ----------

ps i use canesten cream loads of times and i dont worry about the six months gap my doctor said whenever it comes back to use the cream . But yogurt is a miracle .

I agree with above. I've used yoghurt before on advice from my mum!

Does the yoghurt work because of the probiotics in them?

Antibiotics are known to kill the good gut bacteria. What a lot of people may not know is that the good bacteria are not just in your gut, they start in your mouth and end at the anus. So, maybe a supplementation of them could help? I know the NHS are still unsure on this so say it should be under supervision but a lot of people are starting to take probiotics alongside courses of antibiotics and the products themselves are even being marketed this way.

I think that's how it works yes Terri

I often have thrush after co-amoxiclav and Canesten doesn't usually zap it. You can buy a tablet over the counter at the pharmacy which usually gets rid of it. This last time I had to have another type on prescription form the GP and that was successful but if you have to wait for an appointment you could buy the 'one-off' tablet. It is quite expensive but might be better than waiting.

I think when they say that they don't mean if it's caused by antibiotics if it was coming with no known reason then that would be reason for concern. I get thrush after taking antibiotics every single time. I don't think it's cause for concern

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information