Thread: biopsy worry

biopsy worry

Hi everyone. I'm really struggling, i first got diagnosed a couple of years ago with a lipoma doc said it was fine, well for the last few months its been hurting and is bigger and looks like its red. I went back to see my doc who has now put through an urgent referral to have it taken out, I'm so scared its unreal that its a liposarcoma. The pain is awful it even feels like i have sciatica. I cant eat or sleep.the fear was actually waking me up last night. i cant get appointment until next Fri and so scared of going x

Re: biopsy worry

If you cannot get an appointment is it possible to speak to your GP on the telephone.

Yeah I spoke to him He just said i have to wait until they can see me at the hospital

Where is your lipoma? I have one had two years its not grown or changed. I panic mines a sarcoma but drs arent concerned . Im sure yours will b fine lipomas can grow and be tender . Is yours movable? My dr told me if was a sarcoma would be ill or even dead by now.

Its on my inner thigh. Yeah you can move it but if i touch it the pain is awful. Mine has got bigger since i noticed it two years ago. where about is yours if you don't mind me asking?

I have had one once that got irritated, swelled up really big, I think it was because it was on my neck and I was carrying a heavy bag that was rubbing against it. It went down with time and warm compresses. Have you done anything to irritate the area?

Its kind of where I sit and rubs when i walk. I put weight on since stopping smoking a couple of years ago so the old thigh gap is no longer there. My job means I'm stood for 8 hours lifting and walking. But its weird it feels long and just one side hurts to press. i am really struggling

Mines on ribs under my underwire. Im sure u will b fine like i say surely if had two years and was cancerous u would be ill. Its prob just got aggitated

Its so hard waiting to go about it. I just cant settle. But thank-you

Thread Information