Thread: Back aches/stomach cramps when highly stressed?

Question Back aches/stomach cramps when highly stressed?

Hello. Today I got into a really bad argument with someone and immediately afterwards I got such an intense pain in my back and also cramps in my stomach. the closest i can compare it to is menstrual cramps. it centered around my belly button and uterus area and of course all up and down my back/ when i would walk around it would get better but as soon as i would sit down it would get worse. I took a midol and drank some tea and got a heating pad and now the pain is mostly gone.
    This is the second time it has happened in a week. The first time was a day I was really really stressed about being pregnant. It happened then and I assumed it was either PMS or pregnancy symptoms. I posted about that in another thread under symptoms/female issues.
    But now I wonder if it was just the stress. Has this happened to anyone else? I have a history of stomach problems and stress but it always manifests as nausea and vomiting. Maybe some sharp pains.
    It was so bad that I couldn't even do my ritual of sevens (something I have picked up as my anxiety as gotten worse and worse.)
    i dont want to to harp on my pregnancy issue in this thread but is it really possible to be so STRESSED about something that it can make my body hurt so badly? Even as I am writing this I got a massive cramp in my lower leg. Is this normal? Well I know it's not normal but has this happened to any of you?

Re: Back aches/stomach cramps when highly stressed?

Yes the exact thing happens to me when I am very hyped up or stressed. I feel like my insides are twisting and knotting. Sometimes the pain makes me want to fall to the floor or curl up into a ball.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Thread Information