Hi,
I am a 15 year old boy that has had fears of testicular torsion for the past six months. Back in October while I was doing basketball, I was running and I felt a sudden pain for 1 second, it was a sharp stabbing pain and it was horrible. If I ran it would happen again. I have also had that pain again while sitting down in November, it went after a second though. About two months ago, I went to the doctor's but I was a bit vague, all I mentioned is that I had a pain in my testicle in October and November. I didn't mention the fact that I had abdominal pain for a few hours after the pain in October (Abdominal pain is a symptom of testicular torsion).

I have heard that people that have had testicular torsion should have surgery, I am very scared and have never had surgery before but to stop the worry of having to go through unstoppable pain in my testicle(s) again and a reduced fertility, I would want to have the surgery. I went to the doctor's kind of feeling happy and excited because if he diagnosed me with testicular torsion then I would be able to have the surgery then carry on my life, but when I got back from the doctors, I felt worse because I just messed up my chance.

Now, I am worried because I could have the pain again, I don't know when (It is like a ticking time bomb except I don't know the time). I want to go to the doctor's again and sort out what I am going to say first. But my dad will probably get annoyed and say I won't need to go, the doctor will probably get annoyed too because he might think that I think he isn't a good doctor. To be honest, I would rather go to a urologist but my mother will probably think that I have gone crazy.

I would like some replies on:

What it's like to have testicular torsion surgery (Only if you've had it please)
What it is like to have surgery. General Anaethstetic.
How to persuade my parents to take me to the doctor.
Any other advice.
Anyone that I can talk to.

Please pray that I get everything sorted and I can carry on with my life again.
Thanks for reading this
- Lewis