Thread: Honesty, kindness, gentleness

Honesty, kindness, gentleness

Hi all,

First time here. I'm on holiday at the moment having a difficult time. I've had panic attacks for years and often on holiday. I don't think I'm a bad person (who does?!) and I know these will pass. I've actually not had any in a few years so maybe I should praise that rather than worry about a return. I think they've mainly been due to not speaking out about things that bother me. I'm kinda shy and very reticent to tell anyone about my anxiety. However when they come I need support just to get through this bout.

I only have an iPhone so can't get on the chat page. Does anyone know a chat place that works on iPhones? I'd really like to be live with people.

In the meantime, if anyone has any strength I could pull on, just to help me through a difficult few days, I'd be so grateful. Just say hi and let me know I'm not alone, that's enough.

With love and kindness and gentleness.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Paxli and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Honesty, kindness, gentleness

Just popped in to say Hi and Welcome to the support group.

Re: Honesty, kindness, gentleness

Thanks guys (n girls),

It's less bad this morning. Catching up on sleep clearly helps. Have a wee three year old and normally I love sports ending time with him but it's so tiring dealing with panic that this holiday isn't quite what he would have wanted.

I wish I could get on the chat page but it doesn't work on my phone.

It's weird - I'm scared thT if I told people the truth it would give them power over me somehow. Maybe years of bullying have made me over cautious. Makes me less inclined to share. But I do want to say thanks to everyone who said "hi". Knowing I'm not along makes such a massive difference.

Thank you for being so kind.

Thread Information