Thread: Venlafaxine and Pregabalin

Venlafaxine and Pregabalin

Hi all

Been on venlafaxine on and off for the last 15 years. It helped with depression and after a couple of years of being on it I slowly tapered off and went drug free for a while. Longest I was off maybe just over a year. Then I would crash and need medication again.

Tried almost all ssri and mirt and duloxitine but always needed venlafaxine to get me back to a functioning state.

I've withdrawn 3 times off ven and in February this year re started it again for the 4th time (and learnt a very hard lesson not to come off again!!!!)

Anyway I have recently added Pregabalin to ven as ven was helping mood wise but I was still suffering with bad anxiety and not leading a functioning life (long term sickness and social anxiety) the Pregabalin is helping greatly with the anxiety so far and ven and Pregabalin seem a good combo.

I've started a thread on the Pregabalin board so take a look and I'll update it regularly. Just thought I'd post it on here too in case anyone else is in the same boat. It is early days but so far a positive experience and it seems to help with diazepam withdrawl too which is something I've struggled with recently

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Venlafaxine and Pregabalin

I'm on this combo too. What dose Ven are you currently on? I've been on 75mg for about 8 months now along with Pregabalin. I also find it helps with depression more than anxiety.

Hope this combo works for you. I can't say it's 'cured' me by any means, but I do feel a level of stability, and I've noticed that the Ven has also helped with the chronic pain I have.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hi

Nice to hear from someone else on these 2 drugs together. I'm only on 37.5 mg venlafaxine (respond better to lose doses) and 25 mgs Pregabalin.

Since starting the Pregabalin my anxiety has dropped significantly.

Also sleeping much better and not waking with that awful anxious churning stomach and shakes/palpitations, two meds together seem to work for me.

Ven helps my mood, more upbeat, more patience etc but did next to nothing for anxiety (even at 150 mgs I just lost all motivation and got fat)

A low dose ven has lifted my spirits and the add on of Pregabalin has helped my anxiety and sleep. I hope it lasts....

How are you finding this combo?

Also the Pregabalin has helped me reduce my diazepam from 2 mg to 1mg, and propanalol from 60 mg to 30 mg

I'm hoping eventually I'll not need those two drugs and I'll just need a small dose of ven along with Pregabalin

Woo hooooooo! Congratulations, Michelle! Looking forward to checking out your thread on the pregabalin board as well! ... Happy for you too, KK! ... Like both of you, I find Effexor really truly helps with my depression, even when it worsens in winter, but still have rocky times with anxiety, especially when I am out of my element or routines, or there is tension or stress happening. My sister had a problem with her feet and legs when on pregab, however I realize it doesn't necessarily follow that I would have that side effect. Going to do a bit more digging ...!

Thanks for the update, big hugs! Good luck with the reductions!
    Marie

Thanks for your message Marie, how are you feeling lately? So nice to hear from you. Did you manage to reduce your venlafaxine for the summer months?

I'm afraid the Pregabalin didn't work out for me in the end :-(

Had such high hopes in the beginning too....anyhow it's out my system now and I'm feeling back to normal, so that's good.

I'm sticking with ven indefinitely, seems to be the only thing that works for me!

Take care
    Michelle x

This seems to be a very sensible decision, Michelle. Why was pregabalin added on in the first place ?

Thanks pulisa,

How are you and your daughter doing now?

My psychiatrist recommended Pregabalin to help with gad and at the same time told me if would help me wean off diazepam.

It did help at first, I felt great. Very social and more chatty than normal and felt on top of the world it also helped me reduce my diazepam to 1 mg and I needed a lot less propanalol.

Then it wore off and I didn't feel good I increased and had a bad reaction so was told to stop immediately. Been off it just over a week now and back to how I was pre Pregabalin.

Seems to work for a lot of people thou so it was a shame.
    X

Thread Information