I have had issues with swallowing for a while - mainly with liquids. I was convinced I had ALS of course after going on Google. However I am not choking on liquids and I don't have clinical weakness. I do feel weak, aching, tingling and burning in my throat. However this has been gradual and not the sense of waking up and suddenly not being able to swallow. Also it's been quite on and off and sometimes drinking is a lot easier than other times. Also I have no issues with speech - no hoarseness, slurring and etc.

I feel like I have a lump in my throat, which comes and goes. Sometimes when I drink and eat it feels like it is passing over it. I also feel like I have a lot of mucus in my throat, which is making me feel quite sick. When I eat, it sometimes feels like a effort to do so or it feels stuck as well.

My family and my doctor is not concerned and tells me it is anxiety, but I'm wondering if it is reflux as well because I have the feeling of burning, lump in the throat, phlegm and difficulty swallowing.