Thread: Can we feel lumps in armpit?

Can we feel lumps in armpit?

Well I am back with yet another lump worry, last night for some reason I started to feel my armpit and came across a tiny little lump(So i think, But it could be muscle), it is more the side closer to my back than my breast. I felt and prodded is so much last night I in fact made my whole armpit shoot with pain and throb. It is really really small and only felt when digging around but I am so worried.

Re: Can we feel lumps in armpit?

Honestly, why do you do this? I can understand someone getting worked up over a symptom that appears or even a lump they stumble across, but you seem to be absolutely determined to find something on your body that'll give you a reason to go haywire.

Your armpits are full of prominent nodes and even some constructive tissue. If the lump is that small that you have to dig around to find it then it's highly unlikely to be anything to be worried over. If you can't stop worrying, then it's another trip to the docs for you it seems.

Been there, done that with the armpit panic.

The truth is we have a chain of lymph nodes--almost like a string of pearls--that go down our arm. Also, remember that the armpit is technically the 'hole' under your arm. If you are feeling lumps under your arm and close to your back (which I obsessed over for months), that's not really the same thing.

Also, the more I checked, the more they became inflamed, the bigger they became. Try (I know it's hard!!) to let it go for a few days and then, if you have to, check again. My bet is that you are a-ok.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybun44 View Post
    Been there, done that with the armpit panic.

The truth is we have a chain of lymph nodes--almost like a string of pearls--that go down our arm. Also, remember that the armpit is technically the 'hole' under your arm. If you are feeling lumps under your arm and close to your back (which I obsessed over for months), that's not really the same thing.

Also, the more I checked, the more they became inflamed, the bigger they became. Try (I know it's hard!!) to let it go for a few days and then, if you have to, check again. My bet is that you are a-ok.
    Literally going through the same thing right now. And because I lift weights, like a lot of people who do, I have stretch marks over the area where the chest and armpit connect, which has made the skin thinner, so I can feel them even more lol. But it's actually good to hear that this is normal to be able to feel these.

I have been there many times with armpits panic. Has always turned out to be a muscle but I know how you feel. last week I made myself SO sore prodding around all night and when I went to my GP it was nothing. Good luck and try to leave it alone or get it checked so that you know what you should expect to feel and then leave it alone.

Lymph nodes or inflamed hair follicle! Seriously don't panic a swollen lymph node is a sign your body is fighting an infection and will probably go down in a few days!

Its very normal to have them there and if you have less muscle mass, you will feel them easily.

The issue is with changing this checking behaviour. Think how much better you would feel if you could change your thinking?

Thread Information