Thread: 5mg Citalopram and feeling terrible

5mg Citalopram and feeling terrible

Hi,
    I just wanted to find out if anyone else out there has experienced terrible side effects on just 5mg dose? I started on 2.5mg which wasn't too bad, just a bit of extra anxiety but since i upped it to 5mg 6 days ago, i have been feeling terrible: nausea, dry heaving, dizzy, faint, anxiety, panic. All the things I am taking the medication to try and alleviate. I am wondering if i should stop taking them!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: 5mg Citalopram and feeling terrible

Unfortunately it's something you have to push through until they pass to get the full effects of the medication. You can call your doctor to ask if it's normal side effects,.a lot of ppl on here have experienced side effects like that when starting an ssri and they ease with time.

thanks for the response - it's just so hard feeling so awful and trying to pretend everything's okay and normal!!

I know, I can relate. I'm starting up on Lexmark
    Lexapro again, taken six days so far and I'm so exhausted but still going to work and forcing a smile! I hope you start to feel better soon!

Thanks!! You too.

Quote Originally Posted by swgrl09 View Post
    I know, I can relate. I'm starting up on Lexmark
    Do you have to take cyan, magenta, yellow & black or just one big cartridge (ouch!)

---------- Post added at 06:21 ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie1971 View Post
    Hi,
    I just wanted to find out if anyone else out there has experienced terrible side effects on just 5mg dose? I started on 2.5mg which wasn't too bad, just a bit of extra anxiety but since i upped it to 5mg 6 days ago, i have been feeling terrible: nausea, dry heaving, dizzy, faint, anxiety, panic. All the things I am taking the medication to try and alleviate. I am wondering if i should stop taking them!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    It sounds like you are very sensitive to side effects. Is that why your GP has started you so low?

Its early days and unless it just unbareable or you exhibit the more serious side effects that they tell you to seek assistance for, then I would see how it goes.

My GP started me straight on 20mg (what a plonker!) and it hit me quite bad. However, alongside something for the insomnia I found I could weather the storm and I got through it after about 5 weeks or so.

Hahaha I didn't even realize. That's what happens when I respond on my phone and it corrects the spelling

Thread Information