Thread: control freak ? withdrawn

control freak ? withdrawn

Hi i have posted several times about how my anxiety comes in phases, i am going through a bad spell right now and i feel like i need to have total control of every little facet of my life otherwise i get really anxious even small things which don,t really matter i have to have control over, is this normal anxious behaviour?
    Also i am becoming very withdrawn i don,t really want to be bothered interacting ,if people come round i feel my personal space is invaded and i don't like it even with close family members it all seems such a big effort to engage in conversation i prefer to be just left at home with my wife and children. Again does anyone else feel like this?

Thanx
    Dave.

d.jones

Hi Dave

I have experienced countless spells like this, please take comfort that it does pass,

It is must defo common anxiety behaviour, I have been known to hide from answering the door! yet dont want to be alone at the same time, It is hard but during my last very very bad spell over xmas I found that the advice if received here was spot on, its hard but try and go for a short walk or do something to take your mind off your thoughts, it will pass soon x

Dave, I really do understand. I like to be in control and I like to know where I'm going. I hate uncertainties and can worry over the tiniest thing that others laugh at. But to me they seem huge. Thing is, the next day that worry might have faded to nothing only to be replaced by another. And so it goes on. I only ever see the worst case scenario. It's plain daft and I know it but we just have to stop doing it because it takes you on a hiding to nowhere. It's just a plain waste of energy and time when we could be doing something more constructive.

It's all about getting those stupid thoughts under control. Nothing in life is certain except death and we might as well try to enjoy life whilst we've got it.
    Elle

Thread Information