Thread: Enlarged uterus, brown spotting between periods, scared! :(

Enlarged uterus, brown spotting between periods, scared! :(

I haven't been around in a while because my health anxiety has been pretty good aside from this one issue. Back in December I had my yearly woman check up. I'm 30 years old so I've had several in my life. Pap came back normal (and so have past ones). During my exam the Dr. said my uterus felt "big" and sent me for a ultrasound. I went a few days later and had an abdominal ultrasound. Ultrasound tech and my Dr. both said everything looks normal except my uterus was enlarged about the size of a 12 week pregnancy. She said that there MAY be a fibroid somewhere not seen or so small it can't be seen and we would re check things at my next yearly in December. I sat with this for a while, concerned for sure, but I didn't really start worrying until I had my period in January. It was normal 5-6 days of moderate then to light bleeding, light cramping, some bloating nothing out of the norm until it ended. I proceeded to brown spot (lightly) not even needing a pad for the next week or so. Then it stopped. I was concerned but didn't panic. It happened again in Feb, March, and May. Now here I am June 2nd and I'm brown spotting still. My last period was May 19th and I've had the brown spotting off and on since. Its VERY light, only see it when I wipe so no need for a pad. I phoned my OB/GYN this morning to make an appointment to investigate things a bit further. I'm absolutely terrified! Between this and the enlarged uterus I'm so scared it's uterine cancer. I've also been having this strange cramping during the beginning of my period. Its like my cervix cramps instead of my uterus not sure if its related but that just started back in November. I should also add that back in December 2013 at my yearly check up my Dr. (different Dr.) said my uterus felt "full" and sent me for a transvaginal U/S and it also came back normal. Recently I was in the ER (about a month ago) with a bad stomach bug all my blood work came back normal and they did a CT scan from head to toe to check for blood clots (test came back positive for one) but it came back normal. Would the CT scan have seen something if there was something in my uterus? I'm just so scared I'm about in tears! I have 2 boys (born by C-section if tha that helps) and a husband that I want to be around for! :(

Re: Enlarged uterus, brown spotting between periods, scared! :(

I had similar symptoms and it was fibroids. Has your doctor mentioned sending you for a hysteroscopy? If it is a small fibroid it might not show on a scan but would with a hysteroscopy.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie0904 View Post
    I had similar symptoms and it was fibroids. Has your doctor mentioned sending you for a hysteroscopy? If it is a small fibroid it might not show on a scan but would with a hysteroscopy.
    That is what I've read. She said she would do one if I wanted her to so I called this morning to make an appointment to go in and I'm going to ask her about it. Don't they put you out for that procedure?

So you had the brown spotting like this as well? Did you have the cervical cramping? I'd be SO relieved if it was a fibroid.

Anyone else? I'm so worried!

Anyone????

Sorry Leslie I have just seen your reply. I have had fibroids a few times and I had the hysteroscopy once without GA and the other times I had it with GA as the scan had shown the fibroids so it made sense to have them removed at the same time. I had quite heavy bleeding with mine but it can cause brown spotting which is old blood.

Thank you for the reply. Was the procedure painful?

I'm just so freaked out and worried it's the worst. :(

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information