Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Addicted I know

Re: Addicted I know

im gonna word this as best as I can but im shaking my head in disbelief at people talking about doses off 2mg and calling themselves addicts and take your time coming off them and all that you do realise your 2mg especially if been on it a while is about as effective as a hubba bubba chewing gum

if I could i pull a carp out the canal and slap you all round the face with it I would!!!

do you lot get drunk off a can of bass shandy

someone mentioned 15mg a day! yes now were talking that I could agree was a little bit of dependency but 2-5mg a day your not gonna have some kind of seizure if you stop...try going on some of these drug forums and read what a proper addict is and they still function "normal" lifes

I appreciate the bluntness of your reply, but when I have dropped it I have had issues... can you tell me what your comments are based on please. sorry I didnt mean to offend.

Angry Re: Addicted I know

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell123 View Post
    im gonna word this as best as I can but im shaking my head in disbelief at people talking about doses off 2mg and calling themselves addicts and take your time coming off them and all that you do realise your 2mg especially if been on it a while is about as effective as a hubba bubba chewing gum

if I could i pull a carp out the canal and slap you all round the face with it I would!!!

do you lot get drunk off a can of bass shandy

someone mentioned 15mg a day! yes now were talking that I could agree was a little bit of dependency but 2-5mg a day your not gonna have some kind of seizure if you stop...try going on some of these drug forums and read what a proper addict is and they still function "normal" lifes
    To be honest your reply wasn't even worth putting on as you obviously have no idea of benzo addiction even at small doses 2mg 2x a day for years causes dependancy and the need for more and withdrawal from small ammounts can be just as horrible as from large ammounts........ 2mg or 5mg a day makes no difference what doseage you are on benzo withdrawal can be horrible regardless.... possibly you should look into that further before replying in a childish and uncaring manner.
    End of story
    Mirtazapine 30mg evening
    Temazepam 20mg nightly
    Diazepam 5mg x 3 daily

Currently surfing the anxiety wave

:-) appreciated comment. we all are supposed to care about each other.

Too right NinjaKitty!!

ninjakitty ive done it all ive come off it all.......so peter try going down to 2mg a day for a bit then stop put up with a few days of feeling shit its all fuelled by your own anxiety anyway and 70% youve pre empted that theres going to be a problem

the dose your on probably isn't doing much anyway but you "THINK" it is

OHWELL123, Ihave came of benzos 3 times at different strengths it should alll be done carefully and how you feel you can cope with it regardless of the dosage, in all my years suffering from this and taking the medication I take on and off I ahve a good point of view and a sensible attitude when people ask for advise..... also my previous career was medically high so I just try and help some people with the extensive knowledge that I have degrees in pharmacology come in hand now and then!!!

In all honesty nobody here should tell him exactly what to do that is down to a dr or a psychiatrist but considering some people have came on and off high/low/medium doses more than once we are entitled to give him our opinion and help and guidance where necessary
    Mirtazapine 30mg evening
    Temazepam 20mg nightly
    Diazepam 5mg x 3 daily

Currently surfing the anxiety wave

NinjaKitty
    You are absolutely right. Apart from me having been through benzo withdrawal my best friend is a drugs therapist, she became a therapist after years of addiction. She has worked in the field for over 20 years and is very respected. She has helped hundreds of people and she always tells me that unfortunately there is a lot of ignorance about addiction, tolerance to medication, etc. If this ignorance did not exist doctors, for one, would be a lot more careful

It really is a shame when people have too little information. You will notice the 2mg has a score. You can break it in half because for some people 2mg is more than enough. It is for me. And one Guiness is enough for me. Other meds I can take four times max dose with little effect but not beer or benzo's

I hope your not mixing that guiness with that benzo Davit...and having a good time

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information