Thread: Tightness in upper abdomen, feeling bloated and full, hard time throwing up

Tightness in upper abdomen, feeling bloated and full, hard time throwing up

Heyo, 20 year old male here with a new health related worry.

I was at a friend's cabin earlier this week and I started feeling really bloated and tight in my upper abdomen. It felt as if I was full all the time or as if I had drunk a large amount of fluid. I tried forcing myself to throw to help the bloating, but it took me really long to throw up even when shoving my fingers down my throat. I only managed to vomit a small amount of fluid that was mostly yellow. The tightness didn't go away and still persists and it's kind of making me worried. I'm not in any pain that I can notice and it doesn't affect my breathing in anyway but I do feel less hungry than normal. Should I be worried or is this just a nasty case of indigestion or what?

Re: Tightness in upper abdomen, feeling bloated and full, hard time throwing up

I can relate it's horrible unfortunatly I wudnt expect much response on here as I have posted about this before with no reply hope u feel better soon

Re: Tightness in upper abdomen, feeling bloated and full, hard time throwing up

I have this occasionally. But when I first started having it, I had it every day for 3 months until one day I got so anxious about it I ran to my neighbours house and told them I couldn't breathe as it felt like I had lost my breath from the intense tightness in that stomach region. They gave me hot tea and tried to help me with breathing exercises bless them, but when I was still panicking they took me to the ER and they told me it was panic. Then the feeling went away and when it comes back I know it's panic although it's not easy or pleasant.

I have a glass of milk and seem to get relief from that. But it is a panic thing so all the same coping methods apply, and you just have to wait it out. I know how awful it is, I wouldn't go anywhere because i felt like my middle section was being squeezed and an anxious response only make its ten times worse. What is indigestion for someone without anxiety is life/death situation for us with anxiety.

I KNOW it's anxiety because I just had it the other day and while I was pacing like crazy and panicking, I noticed my dog was chewing on a night guard I have from my dentist for night grinding and I soon stopped thinking about my symptoms! Anxiety is a joke! I assure you, unfortunately, the more you obsess about this sensation in your stomach, it's going to persist and be magnified. I thought I had stomach cancer, asthma, and all sorts. Then I got the all clear, and found a new illness to obsess about.

Thread Information