Thread: "Leave the prison of depression"

"Leave the prison of depression"

Hi everyone

Bought the Sunday Times this week for the first time since they give away the free Paul McKenna CD.

Very interesting article in the magazine about Depression (part of a four part series into the "The Brain and How to Use it".

The article is by a clinical psychologist who writes on mental health - Dr Dorothy Rowe (www.dorothyrowe.com.au).

Another useful column on the same pages is about learning to be happy and facing fears (tips from three 'positive psychologists'.

The whole article (which includes a section on why "...bottling it up is bad for you", comes under the general title of "Mental Healing - teaching yourself to become positive, overcoming fears and tackling excessive anger and sadness."

If it's too late to buy a copy of the paper, you might be able to access the article on the Sunday Times website.

Might be of interest to some of you.

Sandie

Thanks Sandie.

I didn't read the article you referred to but followed the link to Dorothy Rowe's website and read some of her past articles. Some of what she says is quite inspiring. I liked this bit 'All too often we are our own dictator, our little church, telling ourselves that black is white and stamping on our mind when it tries to telus what the truth is .....'

No matter how many times I tell myself I like my job I know I'm telling myself a 'beautiful lie' which as Rowe says, 'can be the time bomb that destroys us' Eeeeh heavy stuff. Time to hand my noice in?

Thanks for the link

Kay x

Thanks Sandie

Will have a look at that.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Thread Information