Thread: Pain next to posterior tibia bone when pressed

Pain next to posterior tibia bone when pressed

This symptom is making me feel sooo gloomy.

I have noticed that when I massage my lower leg, I can feel some pain when I focus on the tibia area. I do not know if it is the bone or the tendon or tissue near the bone....But I have a feeling it is not the bone because when I press the front and side of tibia the bone, I do not feel any pains..

I can walk and run and do all sorts of physical activities without any sorts of pain. I only feel pain when the area around my left posterior tibia is pressed.

I have an orthopedic appointment for net Monday......In the meantime, I am very depressed about this as I am thinking the worst

Help, Please!!!!!!! What do u guys think it might be?
    Last edited by positiviti; 10-06-15 at 10:15.

Re: Pain next to posterior tibia bone when pressed

I doubt that it is anything serious. If you can run and walk with no pain and it only comes by pressing it then it's most likely you, yourself is causing the pain by pressing it. I did this with a pain I had in my abdomen. One day u pressed a spot and it hurt so I was afraid it was something because I would constantly be aware of when I pressed it it would hurt so I though the worse and it turned out to be nothing at all. Just you being hyper sensitive to the pain because of the anxiety.

Re: Pain next to posterior tibia bone when pressed

Quote Originally Posted by Txxxrho View Post
    I doubt that it is anything serious. If you can run and walk with no pain and it only comes by pressing it then it's most likely you, yourself is causing the pain by pressing it. I did this with a pain I had in my abdomen. One day u pressed a spot and it hurt so I was afraid it was something because I would constantly be aware of when I pressed it it would hurt so I though the worse and it turned out to be nothing at all. Just you being hyper sensitive to the pain because of the anxiety.
    apologies for the typos....i type too fast and my mind is not thinking straight.
    Thank you for your comment...this only seems to happen on my left tibia area and not on my lower right leg.
    I wish it could just be anxiety but i can feel a difference between the shin/tibia area of my right and left lower leg when pressed
    Last edited by positiviti; 10-06-15 at 10:33.

Thread Information