Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Hobbies and other positive activity.

Re: Hobbies and other positive activity.

Rennie,

I read that at 18 years of age the mind drops half it's pathways in the mind to be used to strengthen essential routes in preparation for becoming adults. These spare routes double up with existing ones. Because electrical impulses are controlled by resistance these doubled up paths have less resistance and so neurons travel faster. Negative or positive makes no difference. I don't think it happens overnight, I believe it is on an as needed basis. So anxiety certainly could create these stronger synapses with repetition. Lack of use makes them salvageable. Constant positive thought weakens these routes from lack of use and strengthens the positive non anxiety routes. Amygdala has it's own memory so we will still have the ability to react in a danger situation, but Hypothalamus will not be able to add to it, positive thought makes Hypothalamus use positive memories because it has no reason not too. This cycles back to Amygdala for future use telling it not to panic for no reason. EG: thinking positive or negative conditions Amygdala and this condition directs Hypothalamus to use either positive or negative memory. Constant use strengthens the synapses in either a good or bad way.

SSRIs shut down some of the paths across the synapses but they reopen upon withdrawal. This is okay if they are now used for positive but a nightmare if they are still used for negative. Calcium helps Serotonin do it's job by carrying instructions from Hypothalamus.

When you salvage a negative route it holds back the thought that it happened so you can still put the anxiety back together using other memories. (sometimes warped and inaccurate) Each neuron is connected to a thousand others so alternate pathways just take longer to use. But once used they get stronger.
    The hard part is getting people to break out of their shell and think different.

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 ----------

I still have to be the best I can, but because it pays in the long run, not because I'm not good enough. Different core now.

Woke with sore shoulders and flared. Took more pills but can not do my gardening today. That bothers me. It was hard enough with the heat and mosquitoes but to barely be able to move is unpleasant. My one source of anxiety even though I shut it down and it never causes panic it is still annoying. Above 30C is far too hot to work in. I did water flower beds and will go back out to water green houses. I wanted to take the tiller off the tractor and put the mower on but don't think I can get on the tractor. Being old it was always a chore anyway. I like mowing, it makes the place look less ragged. Still going to be 11C tonight. No breeze to help with the mosquitoes. Time to turn the sprinklers on too. Need to check my data usage to see if I can keep watching movies. New provider so I could spend more time on here so I have to check Data usage. Only fifty gig a month. 13 days left. Might have to get some from the library.
    Tomorrow will be another day, flares don't last, I will be back gardening and feeding mosquitoes.

Gee try living and work in 45c with mossies the size of roos,then you can complain...

Your choice to live there. I wouldn't. At least we don't have west nile, snakes or poisonous spiders. Just right now hoards of little tiny mosquitoes and they will pass. A good forest fire will smoke them out.

Davit, use this time to have a well earned rest. Don't get frustrated, as they say; 'tomorrow is another day'.

I'm going to clean some house even though I'd rather cut thistles and feed mosquitoes. I have to water. Flower beds and green houses take about an hour and a half. Sprinklers and soaker hose is all on valves and separate hoses, nothing to move. So that is all I have to go out for. It will go back down into the twenties in a couple days, might even rain. Still thinking about rhubarb pie. Lots of strawberries now.
    Flare passed yesterday so I got the brush hog mounted on the tractor and mowed an hour. Five foot cut covers a lot of ground. Power steering and power brakes makes it easier than driving to town. Kind of fun in a challenging way.

Yes We did choose to live in Aus,I came from a country where No I am not going there,you would not understand.WE do not have so called ñile snakès,but funnel web spiders that can kill lot of deadly taipan,brown snakes that would like you and your garden.

I live in the sticks but still know what is happening in the area you come from. I didn't start it, no one in my country did. You have a right to be angry. Just not with me. This is getting personal.

Well now we know what your hobby is.

I was not angry with you but now I am,
    I do not think it is getting personal,just saying what a lot of people on here are thinking.

You enjoy your evening,I know I will.

So how did the vote go, No one has told me I was voted out. I could go or just stay in PM. It is getting busy. I have netflix now but it doesn't have much of the British programming I like.

And all you people thinking, skip your spokes woman and tell me direct, you can't hurt my feelings. I supposedly don't have any.

This is my thread I can say what I want, only I or the moderators can delete it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information