Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Hobbies and other positive activity.

Re: Hobbies and other positive activity.

I have a full wood working shop The lathe is my favourite tool but the fun tool is a scroll saw Relaxing and distracting and I can spend hours with it.

The bench straddles a row and I sit on it and weed. Trivets were made for Aline

Some candle sticks went to derbyshire, most are across Canada, some in the states. The cake dish has a pattern in the core wood that looks like a rose. It was firewood so has cracks. There is a matching bowl, plate and short fat candle holder. Given away.

I have ornaments and scale models too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Had company today, rained too so no gardening. Cats are in hiding from the rain. Thunder and lightning, some close. Most hit the mountains.

Bloody hot, going to try weeding for an hour any way. Running sprinklers every day. Getting so dry. Yesterday the mozzies were bad. No wind today. Rain does little good.

Quilting is a hobby of mine. I have been thinking about doing a Log Cabin quilt next. Of course that means staying off the computer, forums and social networks. So yes this will turn out to be three positives for me. Turning the negatives into positives again with positive distractions is the key for me.

Davit. How long can tomato plants go without water before dying?

Not very long. There are products that give off water slow over a week end and there are pop bottle waterers that use a two litre pop bottle and a spike. Without evaporation they dry out and die. if they are in pots you put them in a bath tub with an inch of water.

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 15:20 ----------

Or there is soaker hose.

Oh Dear. That's 200 tomatoes diminished.
    I have been staying at my Mums and there was supposed to rain last Wednesday, but it didn't come. So I think I will have lost them. 4 months work down the drain.

It happens, but wasn't it a fun four month. Learning is never a loss. You have next year. If any are alive cut them off above the last live leaf and water. Keep dead leaves off and a shoot will come up in the fork.

Hi Davit.. Just wondering were you able to get outside to tend to your crops yesterday and how are they doing this year? As for me I finally sorted through my fabric yesterday and am getting ready to start cutting fabric for my next quilting project. So it was a good day for me being that I was finally able to stay focused on a positive distraction again.

newme, I'm not getting any younger and never could take the heat. I did a bit but even people in better shape than me are finding it hard. When it does cool the mosquitoes come out. It would be fine if the mosquitoes were gone. My garden is not very good. Sprinklers are not the same as rain. Hydro is expensive, or I'd have soaker hose and pump 24/7.

Have you decided what this new quilt will be?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information