Thread: Longer, Lighter Period/Bleeding Between Periods/Spotting Between Periods

Longer, Lighter Period/Bleeding Between Periods/Spotting Between Periods

Hi,

Some background information on me.
    I am 23 years old, and my periods are usually pretty irregular.

However, back on May 22, I got my "period" by about a week early. This "period" I speak of was MUCH different than what I had ever experienced. First of all, it stayed light most of the time, and then it would get a little heavier, then back to light, then heavy again, etc. This lasted seven days, whereas my other periods only last up to around 3 days maximum. I didn't experience any of the usual symptoms like breast tenderness or cramps.

Two weeks later (6/7/15), I started noticing some brown discharge, which soon led into some light spotting, then got dark, then light, then dark again. This time, my breasts were hurting MUCH more. This bleeding has gone on for 6 days, and it still isn't getting nearly as dark as my usual periods were. I've never had any type of ovulation bleeding in my life, and I've never experienced anything like this.

I've also noticed over the past few weeks that I'm much more tired than I usually am.

Any idea on what this could be?
    I took 3 separate pregnancy tests and they all showed up negative within the 1 hour timeframe.

I do have a gynecologist appointment set for next Wednesday (earliest I could get in), but I've been super stressed and trying to figure out what it could be.

Again, my symptoms are:
    -Weird, prolonged period that never got as dark as it usually does but it did get heavy at times. (lasted 7 days). No cramps or breast tenderness
    -More spotting 2 weeks later with breast tenderness, tired, some lower back pain (Has lasted 6 days and counting and goes from light to heavy back to light then heavy)

I'm scared this could be something as bad as cervical cancer. Any ideas on what this could be?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Longer, Lighter Period/Bleeding Between Periods/Spotting Between Periods

Hi,
    I gotta admit I'm new to this site and definitely no expert. I know its hard not to worry and the internet is full of worse case scenarios which does little to help but there are so many minor reasons for this to happen. Personally to me, it sounds like your hormones maybe a bit out of order this last month or so especially with the boob pain too. Even stress can cause hormonal fluctuations. Just don't Google symptoms (I need to practice what I preach).
    I have odd mid cycle bleeding too at the mo, 2 days ago it started as just pink discharge smudge (tmi sorry) when I had a wee. Instant panic i headed to the doctors same day, did a wee sample and there was blood and white cells in my wee so have antibiotics for that and swab taken vaginally and waiting for results. Since this, bleeding has increased slightly, but i don't need a pad, and pelvic aching... Could be a secondary infection...but the waiting has brought out my health panic and I'm struggling to remain calm...its horrible worrying though you're not alone !

Thanks. Hoping it's something as simple as a hormal imbalance.

It's just weird that I've never in my life experienced anything like this before. Not the 7 day period of no symptoms really besides the blood, but it was significantly lighter than usual. Not the blood/spotting that has gone on over the past six days. It's just really, really weird.

I'm having similar symptoms, I will let you know if I ever find out what it is. It is an absolute pain and also very weird! Just try to stay calm

Thread Information