Thread: Quick question...

Quick question...

Hi,
    I've been doing a little bit better with my HA, have been on sertraline for 2 weeks now. I'm still feeling generally unwell, aching, tired etc but the panic isn't as bad. Just one thing and a warning, it's a bit tmi.... I've been having a weird stomach the past couple of weeks going between loose and constipated. I have ibs and internal piles. Yesterday I noticed that my stool was shaped strange, like there was an edge to it, flat on one side. I know if I were to google it would say something sinister but can this be caused by my internal piles? It's freaking me out a bit and I really don't want to get to that point again. Oh also, I had an mri on my abdomen for a separate (women's) issue last week. Would that show anything sinister in my bowel?? I'm not that nervous about the results because I feel as though getting a scan is half way to getting myself fixed. Maybe it's the sertraline kicking in...

Re: Quick question...

Hi
    I had a similar problem that went on for ages, in the end I had a stools test and a gastroscopy and endoscopy and (after being terrified and convinced for weeks that I had bowel cancer) it was internal piles. I also had a breath test and was positive for HPylori.
    Good luck xx

Hello I started antidepressants 2 days ago , 20mg citlopram
    And I have got the worse bloating and left hand stomach cramps I believe they r seratine tablets , too think I suffer from ibs do not worry about the shape of ur stools just look out for blood no blood no problem

Thanks for the replies! I had a sigmoidoscopy last year that showed internal piles and I was happy enough to stop worrying but now with the shape change that I've not noticed before I'm worrying again. I suppose the piles could get bigger causing this? I'm just hoping my mri comes back clear!

Yes, piles will inflame if you are straining due to constipation and they can also inflame due to going a lot due to the runs. The more they inflame, they could change the shape of what comes out and you could also get mucus or the odd bit of blood (just incase that happens and you panic).

Don't be surprised if you get issues like a bit of soreness there, some bits of blood on toilet paper or in underwear or even some fluid leaking...its all part of roids. I hope thats not causing you any anxiety but wanted to state this as its likely you could see it at some point as its very common with roids and people tend to panic and raise threads thinking its something bad.

I was on Zoloft (Sertraline) for 6 months and a dodgy stomach and bowel issues were a side effect I got from the med. I just dealt with it as I was taking it in conjunction with therapy for some depression. I wasn't a big fan of the way it made me feel in general but it really did help me get through a rough time. Stick with it as it can get better.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information