Thread: Blip/breakthrough anxiety

Blip/breakthrough anxiety

Hi all, just wanting to get some reassurance. I've been on lexapro for about 6 months now slowly increasing my dose to 25mgs which I've now been on for 4 weeks at this dose. Over the last 5 days I've been quite anxious especially in the mornings and have been having mild panic attacks.
    Is it still normal to have this happen? My pdoc is ok with increasing me if I need and she thinks it's still the right medication for me because I am getting relief from the anxiety and that I'm just not at the right dosage yet. I was on zoloft many years ago and it worked. I just wonder if I should try that again?
    I guess I was thinking that at this stage I shouldn't be having breakthrough anxiety like this. I do get scared that I'm going to go back to square one.
    Anyone had similar experience as this?
    Thanks for reading. Leah.

Re: Blip/breakthrough anxiety

I have been on Lex over two years now and still can get very anxious when I am stressed out but it has helped me so much. I am on max dose, going up was much easier than starting off on it. I didn't feel it really as I was used to having it in my system but took it slowly increasing, then felt really good. My Bf has recently had to go back to USA so I have had a month of sky high panic but all calm again now and great mood. Hang on in there my lovely xxx It will be ok xxx

Hi Karen, thanks so much for replying to me. You've given me some peace

---------- Post added at 19:35 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

Oops!! Accidentally pressed the post button when I wasn't finished lol. I wanted to thank you for giving me some peace of mind. I really appreciate it. Xxoo

You
    are so welcome xxx

Thread Information