Thread: Preg./Lyrica as needed?

Preg./Lyrica as needed?

This site helped me so much when I was in a suicidal state and my anxiety was through the roof. Such lovely, supporting people on here.

Thankfully for my family, friends and self, i have stabilised. Back on the planet so to speak.

I swallow 150mg of sertraline every day. It used to be in conjunction with Lyrica but I dropped that a few months back from my daily regime.

However, I still have bad days, when my anxiety is through the roof and no CBT or mindfulness helps.

I've found that on these days, if I take 300mg of pregabalin, after about three hours, I am at peace with the world again.

Any thoughts?

I am posting this feeling guilty for those that are in hell and scratching for answers on here. Like I did for months. But, hopefully the message to all is positive. I made it through and you can too. I really was in a bad way.

So, taking pregabalin as needed? Any thoughts as I'm not sure I should be doing this?

Re: Preg./Lyrica as needed?

Hi Party Time,

Glad to hear you're feeling better

Taking Pregabalin PRN is an interesting concept. Many say that Preg's impact on the mood/cns of most users is not unlike that of a Benzo like diazepam etc. And that of course was often prescribed in the past (less so now I guess) PRN for people prone to panic attacks etc.

I have never heard of it done, and I don't recall seeing anything about this way of taking in any of the literature you get with Preg. But I can see that, especially if you don't take it regularly, 300mg might make one very serene.

Is your doctor advising you on this route to take, or are you experimenting...?

Albert

Hey Albert, thanks for the reply and good wishes.I hope you are well too.

I am experimenting. My doc knew little about the drug when I had to beg her to prescribe it after a psychiatrist recommended it.

I find it blunts hangover related anxiety, although, I've got to stress this doesn't happen much these days.
    To summarise, I use this method say once a month. Am I treading dangerously? I'm just trying to live a bit, that is all!

Thanks for your interest

Hmm

I just don't know if its a good/bad/neutral idea

Hanshan is something of an expert with Pregabalin, so maybe he might have a view?

Pregabalin is usually taken for chronic conditions (including generalised anxiety), so usually every day. However, there can't be much harm in taking it occasionally, if it works for you. You do note that there is a three hour or so gap, so it's not a rapid-fire response to anxiety. Best of luck with it, and keep us posted.

Just wanted to say thanks for your post as its given me some hope in a very dark time.

Like the others ive never heard of it being used like that only benZos really but if it works for you then surely no harm? Ask your gp to be sure x

Thanks all for replies

Yes, it does work for me on an occasional as needed

Ava'smummy - I sincerely hope you make it through. I know you will .

Thread Information