Thread: Aching testicles

Aching testicles

Hello Everyone,

For a little over a week, I have had a tingling sensation in my right testicle. This has also been accompanied by groin pain, and some aching in my right kidney (area).

Yesterday, it got a little worse, so I went down to see an out of hours doctor. After a urine test, she said there was a very mild indicator of a UTI. I was prescribed ciprofloxacin.

I called my regular GP surgery today just to make sure I was along the right path and told do take the antibiotics and book an appointment in a few days.

I don't recall every having a UTI before though, and the GP yesterday didn't seem 100% sure that this even is a UTI.

Has anyone else had similar symptoms and it turned out to be something else?

Slight ache lower right back.
    Ache in groin, about two inches down from belly button, to the right.
    Aching right testicle
    Tingling in right testicle
    Ache travels down right leg into shin
    Possibly, the very slightest of a burning feeling when I urinate, toward the end of the urine stream, very mild.

I am a driving instructor, so sit down a lot, I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

I have felt both testicles, and can't find any unusual lumps or bumps.

Re: Aching testicles

Hi there,

I had something similar. First suggestion was antibiotics in case it was a bacterial infection (epididymitis), which it wasn't. I then got referred for an ultrasound (was seen within a week at the local radiology department) and it turned out to be a small cyst which I couldn't feel. The radiologist found it though and when he poked it, well, let's just say that I screamed a few expletives to which he replied he'd heard worse (must brush up on my swear words).

I've just left it alone and it comes and goes but never too bad. Yours may be something different but it's worth going back to your GP if this course of treatment doesn't work. My GP said that if the first symptom is pain, it is very rarely anything sinister but I'm no medic. I'm just relaying my experience.

Good luck

Pip

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by AaronB View Post
    Hello Everyone,

For a little over a week, I have had a tingling sensation in my right testicle. This has also been accompanied by groin pain, and some aching in my right kidney (area).

Yesterday, it got a little worse, so I went down to see an out of hours doctor. After a urine test, she said there was a very mild indicator of a UTI. I was prescribed ciprofloxacin.

I called my regular GP surgery today just to make sure I was along the right path and told do take the antibiotics and book an appointment in a few days.

I don't recall every having a UTI before though, and the GP yesterday didn't seem 100% sure that this even is a UTI.

Has anyone else had similar symptoms and it turned out to be something else?

Slight ache lower right back.
    Ache in groin, about two inches down from belly button, to the right.
    Aching right testicle
    Tingling in right testicle
    Ache travels down right leg into shin
    Possibly, the very slightest of a burning feeling when I urinate, toward the end of the urine stream, very mild.

I am a driving instructor, so sit down a lot, I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

I have felt both testicles, and can't find any unusual lumps or bumps.
    I would definitely request a scrotum Ultrasound.

I was laid out with prostatitis for 10 weeks. Couldn't believe how nasty this could be. It's so common, yet you don't hear about it unless you get it.

I just finished a blog in which I created a list of many forums, links, and helpful reads, on many related searches that I completed.

I found a Yoga exercise that helped me with lingering groin pain.

I also include a 30 second DIY prostate cushion, that you can make anytime.

I have only completed about 80 % of the blog; couldn't believe how much searching I had done.

I can't post the blog link here, but if you google:

Epididymitis Symptoms "Devil In Your Balls"

You will find it.

If it helps you in any way, great! If not, good luck and keep looking.

Just to add to this thread.

Saw a GP on Friday and had she had a good examination of my stomach area, groin, and testicles. Nothing untoward whatsoever and she was happy that everything was as it should be.

After a good discussion about my symptoms she has said that she believes the issue to be muscle related and not to worry.

She also did another urine test, which came back clear.

So fast forward to today, the pain has eased considerably, probably because it was indeed a muscle issue, and also because I trusted the GP and have stopped concentrating on it.

So good result, glad I didn't worry too much. And as a bonus, I have found another GP who I trust and feel listens to me properly.

Oh and one more Brucey bonus, I told her that I often have concerns over my health that I don't really have evidence for, and would there be someone I could be referred to for this, and have now been in contact with Talking Therapies and have my phone consultation booked in for Friday morning.

Thread Information