Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scared to take my first dose :-(

Scared to take my first dose :-(

Spoke with my GP today and she really wants me to try the Trazodone alongside the Fluoxetine. She says that she has patients taking that combination and that it works very well for them.

So, I have had all day to mull this over. I've been sick, had to run to the loo twice & am generally getting myself worked up about it.

I usually go to bed about 10.30 and am awake by 6am.. My little girl gets up about 8am, so it would be lovely to sleep until then.

When is the best time to take it? About 10, or earlier?

Wish me luck, so worried

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:31 ----------

Here goes...!

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

15 mins later all is well .. Maybe I'm immune? Lol

Re: Scared to take my first dose :-(

"maybe I'm immune" that made me laugh
    Nothing terrible will happen x

Lol .. I thought it was going to knock me out?! 30 mins later & nothing!

Well I had a good nights sleep, an odd dream though! But woke up slightly later than I normally would. Looked at the clock and it was 7.30.. But I was able to lay there and doze, which I haven't been able to do due to anxiety.

I've got a bit of a fuzzy headache but I'm a headachey person anyway. Hoping that's just an initial side effect?

The anxiety is less this morning, not sure if Trazodone works that quickly or if it's placebo effect. We shall see I guess.

Glad you had a good night and less anxiety this morning! What dose of trazodone are you on?

Hope it will work well for you, so far so good! X

She started me off on 50mg as I'm quite sensitive to medications unfortunately!

How are you today? Xx

Yes 50 is the dose I was on. I'm sensitive to meds too hence the problems I'm having coming off. :(

Well I slept well thank goodness after 2 very bad nights! But woke with headache and feeling quite anxious this morning. I know these are side effects so am going to stick at 35 for a bit and see how I get on!

Keep us posted with your progress! X

Sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time. How was your day yesterday?

I slept well again, little bit of anxiety this morning but I think that's as I'm going to the Drs this morning to discuss my medication xx

Hi yesterday wasn't great even though I'd slept well. Had a headache most of the day until early evening!

Slept well again last night though, feeling a bit better today although still not right.

Trazodone can increase anxiety a lot until it's in your system I had a really hard time with it, but it did go after a while. Now it's back because I'm coming down again but it's not as bad as it was in the first few weeks. It doesn't help that I'm really tiny in height and weight, I think you need to eat well on it, sadly it's curbed my appetite!

I hope you get on with it better than I have!

Let us know how you get on at the docs. Xx

Such a shame it's not worked out well for you hun - will you be trying anything else?

I had a review booked with my GP - she's really pleased I'm feeling the benefits already and has said that in some people it can work that quickly. She said its full effects will be felt in two-four weeks, so I should be getting continuously better on it.. She said the bad headache I have will ease off too.

I slept well again last night, despite the heat. Odd dreams again & only slight anxiety this morning.

Please, please may this be it for me! Xx

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information