Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scared to take my first dose :-(

Re: Scared to take my first dose :-(

Hiya. Been awake since 3.30...! :(

Very shaky this morning.

Hope you're ok! Xx

What a shame!! How are you feeling now hun? Are you having CBT?

Im ok, started off a little anxious as seems to be the norm, but I'm fine now.. Did the experiment that my therapist wanted me to try a few times over the next week this afternoon, which was sitting for 5 mins and just concentrating on what my symptoms of anxiety usually are, to see what that monitoring does to my body. Must say I was quite worried about doing it and thought if I do that will it turn into a panic attack and will I then be stuck with anxiety again 24/7 ...!! But pleasantly surprised! The symptoms increased of course, but they literally only lasted a little while, I went and read part of my book afterwards and now I'm fine again! It just goes to show that constantly monitoring myself for how I'm feeling does me no good, and distracting yourself does work - this is a huge achievement for me! xx

Brilliant so pleased for you. I do the self checking a lot and get really cross with myself when I realise I'm doing it. It's a good thing to be aware of!

I'm much better now thank you, felt quite ropey this morning but been out and done family stuff and it has taken my mind off it. Also went out for a walk in the rain to ensure I got some exercise!

Onwards and upwards eh? Here's to a better night tonight and another good night for you. X

You too my lovely ..hope you get a full night's sleep!

I really would advise CBT if you can get it through your GP surgery. My therapist has been wonderful, every time I go I learn more about how to combat this terrible anxiety - the worksheets that I take away with me and the homework I'm set for the week really does help you to look at things differently.

If you are self checking you do need to stop, I used to constantly check my pulse and hands for trembling... but have learned that when I do that and my pulse is slightly high or my hands are trembling, that then confirms my thought that my anxiety is indeed high and then in turn makes it worse and I end up feeling awful.

One thing she got me to draw was a 'vicious and virtuous flower' for anxiety... have a google see if you can find examples. It's a great thing to sit and do when you're sat with your thoughts totally consumed by anxiety xx

I started CBT last week but early days so far. She has helped me a lot with changing my thoughts at night. Hopefully as time goes on she will prove to be as good as yours sounds! Will google the flower thing!

We went bowling earlier and I realised that in the beginning I was constantly checking to see how I felt. It passed as I got more into the actual bowling but it is definitely something I need to stop doing.

Yes keeping busy and distracted is definitely the way forward!!!

Have a lovely evening, going to google now... Xxx

Hi how's it gone over the weekend?

I had an amazing sleep on Saturday night, between 8/9 hours! Sadly last night was rubbish, but I was a bit anxious before I went to bed which often happens on a Sunday night.

Hey ho...hope you're ok xx

Hey love - everyday I'm a tiny bit better. I would say I'm 70% there! I've even tried a couple of beers with it & been fine, so pleased about that.

How have you been last night and today? What mg are you on now? Xx

Ah I'm really pleased things are working out for you! You must be delighted. Xx

I haven't dared to drink on trazodone I'm such a wuss! I think because it's made me feel so bad was scared of it getting worse.

Last night I slept well but the night before was dreadful - lucky if i got an hour! So yesterday was pretty hard but saw my CBT therapist and she helped me see that even when I have bad nights I can still cope and do what I need to do the next day so no point worrying about it.

I'm on 30 but will drop to 25 this weekend.

Hope things continue to look up for you! X

Hello lovely, how are you doing? xx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information