Thread: cbt waiting list 12/18 months im worrying what do i do

cbt waiting list 12/18 months im worrying what do i do

So iv always been a worrier from a young age the last 2 1/2 years about a lump on my rib where my bra sits. Seen numerous drs had ultrasounds been told lipoma. After much persuasion been referred to dermatologist at hospital to see if can be removed however were reluctant before. Im so scared its a sarcoma. Iv got to wait till 1st september for that apt.

in meantime went for cbt assessment today im being referred but could be waiting upto 18 months. I dont know what to do.

Re: cbt waiting list 12/18 months im worrying what do i do

Hi I am waiting also ive benn on cat waiting list for months and months I finally have my assessment next sat and am looking fwd to it I will let u no how I get on here if u wana chat anytime x

I'm on the waiting list for cbt too. I had my assessment and i sobbed through it and had a complete panic attack when she asked me what my main worry would be if i was ever diagnosed with cancer - complete freak out. She said my case required in depth therapy and I was hoping I would get seen soon but after two weeks struggling on i've got a letter saying i'm on the waiting list and it will be months.

Message me if you want to hun, maybe we can support each other its got to beat struggling along until the cbt

"Our greatest success is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall"

I know how are u suppose to try and cope for a year with no help. Everyone tells me its all in my head easy for them to say that and tell me to forget bout it but i cant obviously this is what health anxiety is. I hate worrying im tryin at the min to keep busy and just think to myself just try and enjoy everyday . Part of me would rather not know if i was dying so y cant i just forget? I dont know one person out of my friends and family like me

I'm sure that's not true im sure they like you don't worry we're alwaays here if u wana chat

You could just do research while you wait. You don't even have to go far. I have five years research condensed into a half dozen threads on the panic forum. Everything you will get from CBT and probably more. I'm not trying to blow my own horn just saying it will give you some ideas and some things you might want to look at on the internet. Professor google is a lot less harmful than doctor google. If nothing it will give you questions to ask your therapist. Or me, or any of the contributors to those threads. It will give you a jump on CBT.

Thread Information