Thread: unwanted thoughts, someone help

unwanted thoughts, someone help

Let me start off by saying I believe I have a form of OCD. I compulsively confess things that cause me to have anxiety. Basically I am afraid to hurt my boyfriend, and have him leave me. So anything I do in my life or even THINK about causes me stress and anxiety. I feel the NEED to confess even little things that don't matter, and it ends up looking bigger than it is. My anxiety goes down for a bit until I move on to the next thing I obsess over. Secondly, stress brings this cycle on, my symptoms were going away, but an argument with my boyfriend brought it all back. I had a period of time where I wasn't confessing, I wasn't having intrusive thoughts anymore I was feeling better. Then we got into an argument, I felt my guilty conscience coming back and the cycle started again.. normal?

My main issue right now is I have a fear of being attracted to someone else. I work with a guy who I found cute, but I would NEVER pursue anything with him. I am completely in love with my boyfriend, which is probably why I get so nervous and anxious about me being attracted to this other guy, is because I am so scared to hurt him, and I DONT want to feel like this. I know people say it is normal, but I feel so guilty about it that it is haunting me now. My boyfriend is the type that always says he only has eyes for me, and I know he would never cheat or even talk to any other girls, which is another reason I feel so badly about this. I try avoiding the co worker and I rarely speak to him, because whenever I see him I feel guilty. I am suffering so bad from intrusive thoughts about this co worker. It's the first thing I think of when I wake up, I can't stop thinking about it and I am so afraid I will never get over it. I want to be happy, I just don't know how. I also know trying to stop thinking about it makes it more noticable in my head, I just don't know what to do. I even told my boyfriend about my intrusive thoughts, and he was angry at first, but he told me understands that I can't help it. Do I need therapy, or medicine? Someone please tell me this won't be my life forever. I am so depressed, I cry all the time, I feel like I can't escape. I can't handle the guilt.

Re: unwanted thoughts, someone help

Quote Originally Posted by dancerja View Post
    Let me start off by saying I believe I have a form of OCD. I compulsively confess things that cause me to have anxiety. Basically I am afraid to hurt my boyfriend, and have him leave me. So anything I do in my life or even THINK about causes me stress and anxiety. I feel the NEED to confess even little things that don't matter, and it ends up looking bigger than it is. My anxiety goes down for a bit until I move on to the next thing I obsess over. Secondly, stress brings this cycle on, my symptoms were going away, but an argument with my boyfriend brought it all back. I had a period of time where I wasn't confessing, I wasn't having intrusive thoughts anymore I was feeling better. Then we got into an argument, I felt my guilty conscience coming back and the cycle started again.. normal?

My main issue right now is I have a fear of being attracted to someone else. I work with a guy who I found cute, but I would NEVER pursue anything with him. I am completely in love with my boyfriend, which is probably why I get so nervous and anxious about me being attracted to this other guy, is because I am so scared to hurt him, and I DONT want to feel like this. I know people say it is normal, but I feel so guilty about it that it is haunting me now. My boyfriend is the type that always says he only has eyes for me, and I know he would never cheat or even talk to any other girls, which is another reason I feel so badly about this. I try avoiding the co worker and I rarely speak to him, because whenever I see him I feel guilty. I am suffering so bad from intrusive thoughts about this co worker. It's the first thing I think of when I wake up, I can't stop thinking about it and I am so afraid I will never get over it. I want to be happy, I just don't know how. I also know trying to stop thinking about it makes it more noticable in my head, I just don't know what to do. I even told my boyfriend about my intrusive thoughts, and he was angry at first, but he told me understands that I can't help it. Do I need therapy, or medicine? Someone please tell me this won't be my life forever. I am so depressed, I cry all the time, I feel like I can't escape. I can't handle the guilt.
    Hello!
    I stumbled into this OCD thing about 4 years ago. I was so scared and had tons of bad thoughts. At that time I didn't know anything about it, I didn't even know what was OCD.
    In time, I managed to calm myself down and eventually forgot about the thoughts.
    So I lived a happy life until some bad events occured where I became anxious again and OCD came back.

Sometimes I make threads and PM admins about my OCD because it overwhelms it, however you should let it do that. Just let your OCD be and it will have no power and disappear.
    your anxiety is feeding it and if you keep thinking about it and doing compulsions, it will be reinforced and become stronger.
    Just calm down, everything is normal. It is just your brain having thoughts because of anxiety and so.
    Learn to accept them and they will eventually disappear.
    OCD is not that of a big deal. I learned to accept it and even if I had thoughts, they never really bothered me that much.

Re: unwanted thoughts, someone help

I would suggest having a look at Pingu's long running support thread as she has a compulsion to confess. Others joined too.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=160638

There is a lot discussed in there that could help you.

Thread Information