Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Generic

Generic

Hi I was just wondering for those people who take venelafaxine, what is it they have been prescribed as I have tablets just now called venlalic, I was wondering is their any difference in quality and should I be asking my doc to prescribe the proper stuff or am I worrying over nothing? It's just the last time I was on this medication it was the capsules made by Wyeth

Re: Generic

Hi
    I've been given venlalic for a while now as well.
    It never occurred to me that there might be any difference in quality.
    I don't think there's any need to worry about it.

Ok thanks for your reply, is it the tablet form you get also? I'm on 75mg but have the 37.5 tabs so take two every morning

Yes,the tablets.
    They do them in 75mg,instead of taking the two smaller ones.
    I take mine in the morning as well
    I've just had an increase and am waiting for it to kick in.

Hi both

I'm on 'ViePax XL' venlafaxine 75mg. I haven't got a clue when it comes to differed brands/generic stuff. I would hope that the drug is the same. Venlafaxine is Venlafaxine right....? :(

All I know is that my GP said the slow/modified release tablets cost the NHS more so they don't dish them out as easily as the instant release. My psychiatrist insisted I have the modified release version but my GP said it doesn't really make a difference, although he did respect my psychs wishes and give me the MR tablets

---------- Post added at 17:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

Kev, is the Ven helping you?

Hi thanks for reply, I was on venlafaxine for 3 years until 8 weeks ago when I decided to stop due to symptoms I was getting constantly, was doing ok until got through all the crazy withdrawals until 2 weeks ago then bang my anxiety was through the roof so with the doctors advice iv started on them again that's bn 2 weeks now and I'm still not doing great feel like im in a dark hole very anxious and down don't want to get up in the morning so really hoping they kick in soon cause I'm really struggling :( how u been feeling?

Hi Kev

I can certainly sympathise. That's the problem with all these meds!

I'm struggling too. Another day off work! I just have super heightened anxiety, I assume from an increase in Ven 6 days ago. I'm hoping it calms down in the next day or so.

During those 3 years, did it keep you 'level'?

I take the capsules and I've found these more effective for me than the tablet form, it now specifies on my prescription venlafaxine modified release capsules so I get the same brand everytime, im on 187.5mg so I take 150mg of effexor and 37.5mg of venlablue because effexor doesn't come in 37.5mg capsules unfortunately XX

I suppose it did really I was able to get back to work and go out without having too much panick the problem is I'm now off work again have bn for a few weeks so that is stressing me out too not being able to provide for my family :( x

Hi Nicola. Do you have to take the capsules with food? that's something I'm struggling with at the moment because I can't eat when I not at home.

Kev how have work been with you taking time off? I've been quite lucky working for a fairly supportive company but I get the feeling they are getting hacked off now I've had this for over a year.
    Last edited by tommackent88; 24-06-15 at 19:47. Reason: typos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information