Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collarbone lymph node?

Collarbone lymph node?

Hi, so I've been trying hard these past few days to resist posting this, but I've been feeling so anxious about this. I've also been resisting Google, but today I caved and googled it. I have a hard lymph node in my right collarbone. Ita about the size of a large bean and moveable. Everywhere I've read that this is really, really bad. I've seen that there's a 25% malignancy rate in people under 40. I'm so scared. It's been there for 4 years and I'm almost certain it is bigger now. I know feeling some lymph nodes is normal, but I keep reading that a node on the collarbone is a cause for concern. Sorry to post on this again, but I'm just so worried and need to talk to someone

Re: Collarbone lymph node?

Hi liv, I understand your concern I have had a swollen lymph node above my collar bone on the left hand side since November last year. I have been to several doctors about it and I've also had an ultrasound. Everything came back normal, lymph nodes are a common occurrence and can often feel bigger when anxiety is taking hold of you. Please do not worry I know it's easier said then dint, you wouldn't be on a panic forum if you could just switch the anxiety off.

Take care

Thank you so much for your response, it has really helped to put my mind at ease! Do you think this is something I should have looked at?

---------- Post added at 21:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

I just measured it and it's about 1.2 cm...is this large for a lymph node?

Yes, get it looked at. I have both of my tonsilar nodes raised and have done for 6 weeks. My dr suspects glandular fever and has gave me a blood test for a full blood count and GF tests. See the other node topics for my posts. I get my test results back sometime between tomorrow and Tuesday, I'm absolutely terrified but I also know that if there is anything it will show up in the FBC, because they've been raised long enough now, according to my dr, for it to show. She's not concerned in the slightest, but she knows I am and is keen to quell my fears, I suggest you go to your drm because a number of years are more than long enough.

Thanks for your reply. I had blood work done in October and everything came up normal, however my iron and hemoglobin were slightly low. I have a dr appt Saturday. I keep reading forums online of people my age who have an enlarged collarbone lymph node and in every post they end up being diagnosed with lymphoma. I'm so scared

Stop trying to find advise or answers online trust your medical doctors etc doing online u can type headache side of head and it can come up as a tumour or something bad, when in reality it cud just be tension stay off google it's evil

Thanks for your reply. I just had blood work done and it came up normal(besides some dehydration). If I had lymphoma, would it have shown up in my blood work?

You don't have lymphoma lol, relax try deal with your anxiety if don't have cbt therapy already then go to your doctor and asked to get refered for it your fine your blood would of picked up a abnormality for sure

I just saw my doctor and he said it was mobile and small so I dont have to worry. He said it wasn't "normal" but was completely unconcerned. I know I have to trust the doctors opinion but I still have some doubts

Your white cell count would have been high and your red cell count would have been low. You don't have lymphoma, you're going to be fine. Get some rest and put it out of your mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information