Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Relapse

Possible Relapse

Hi,

I posted recently on the success stories to say how well I felt. I have been taking paroxetine since the middle of June and a few stressful events have gone. Life seemed 100% back to normal. So how come I feel edgy and a bit low again this week? I had a great weekend then from Monday onwards I have felt twinges again. My mind has started to race again slightly and stupid thoughts keep entering my head. Is it possible to have a relapse whilst still on the meds? I was hoping to go to the doctors within the next week to talk about reducing the dose but if I'm not really 100% maybe I should stay on them for longer or up the dose.

It's not for the whole day that I feel funny, it's just in the morning up until lunchtime. I have been having to use my recue remedy again this week.

I felt funny again this morning and didn't want to face work so I rang and asked if I could take the day as lastminute holiday rather than say I was sick. I love my job and don't want to ruin my sickness record. I don't know why I couldn't face work because there is no stress there at all.

The only thing I can think of is that I start college again next week for my final year. It's hard going as it is 2 evenings a week after work and I have 4 exams this time round. Maybe that is preying on my mind.

Another thing, does anyone find that when they are on meds it stops there emotions all together. I find that at times when I perhaps should feel upset I don't. I feel like the meds are suppressing everything.

Sorry for going on but I don't want to go back to square one.

Thanks
    Emma xx

hello there Emma,

I have been on meds since last November and they have done wonders for me. However, I do still have relapses where I feel really down and panicky for a few days. I do notice that these relapses occur less and less as I gradually gain my confidence back but I do think that they are something that we all experience no matter how long we have been suffering and what meds we are on.Don't worry too much and no, of course you're not going back to square one!! As you say, it's probably just caused by the stress of college. Take care.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for putting my mind at rest. I think I am just over analysing my mood because I don't feel the same as last week. I think I am making myself feel worse. I think I will have a word with the doctor to see if I should carry on with the meds until college has finished next June. I would sooner stay on them than make myself ill again.

Last time I took meds I was on them for 6 months and I was fine after.

Take care

Emma xx

Hi Emma,

This is not a relapse its a minor blip.

My mind has started to race again slightly and stupid thoughts keep entering my head and you're letting them stay there and dwelling on them which is not helping.

I would agree with you that college will be on your mind and worrying about fitting everything in etc .

This is not a good time to start coming off anything as stress is building up . Stay with what you're on until Christmas and reassess then depending on how you are then.

Its quite usual for people to describe being on SSRI's as emotionless - not being able to cry or show extreme emotions at all .

Are you exercising well and on your Vib B still ?

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
    If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
    Robert Albert Bloch

Hi Emma

Even 'normal' people get anxious sometimes so try not to focus on it too much - everyone has blips!

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

I haven't tried vitamin B. What does it do for you? I'm willing to give anything a try. As for the exercise I have been a little lapse of late. I took the dog for a long walk yesterday and felt a lot better. I've just got to keep it up now.

I'm at work today. Felt tired, spaced out and a little edgy this morning but feel better this afternoon. I keep feeling light headed but think that may be the meds.

Have a good weekend everyone x

Its not a cure as such, but is a vital vitamin that supports your nervous system, so facilitiating its recovery.

Everyone on here should consider being on it whilst they are acutely anxious.

Emma, this may sound like a silly question, but are you eating breakfast? And if so, what? I have found that if I skip breakfast or do not have enough protein to balance the carbs out that my blood sugar will drop and I will feel so odd. Sometimes it will drop drastically and that is very scary. What made me think of this is you saying that you are having problems in the morning until lunch. Even when you eat lunch after having low blood sugar, if you do not eat enough protein then, you can still have mild blood sugar problems. Also, are you drinking enough water? That effecte me too. Just some "food" for thought..... ok, that was a realy bad pun.
    God bless you and yours
    Debbie

Hi Emma

We all have blips which can knock it out of us and make us feel like we are back to square one but we have got over it once and beat it so we cant let it beat us again.

Its only temporary whether we believe it or not.

Love Sal xxxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information