Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Diadnosed Parkinism. Anxiety sky high

Diadnosed Parkinism. Anxiety sky high

I have been diagnosed with Parkinsonism. I have to have a special PET/CT scan to show the extent.

My anxiety level is sky high, yet at the same time I feel numb. This means so many changes - where I live, changing the meds I'm on. My head is scrambled and I feel too weak to face it all.

Has anyone any experience of it please?

Any ideas how to cope with the level of anxiety? I've never been this bad before. Couldn't even spell the heading to this thread!
    Last edited by 23tana; 29-07-15 at 13:06.

Re: Diadnosed Parkinism. Anxiety sky high

Sorry I can't help you tana but be assured I'm thinking of you.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Hi,

Yes there will be life changes. I assume you did a search of medication and prognosis. 25 years ago when I was diagnosed with Arthritis I started making the changes. The worst was being told it would rob me of ten years of my life. Some days I feel like time is up. It isn't over till it is over. But I'm sure you already know that. What can any of us say other than we wish the best for you and that you get all the help you need.

Hi 23tana,

I am really really sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how this has made you feel.

I have no experience of this but I know Carnation's dad went through it and there is a fairly new member on here with so I will find him and post his details.

EDIT: this was the guy I was thinking of but he's not been on since the start of May:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthr...ght=parkinsons

Thanks Terry. I pm'd him and he replied.

I'm trying to deal with the anxiety and fear as best I can. It seems that having an actual condition is not what people want to hear on here. nmp was the first place I turned to, but unfortunately with little response. I was looking for help to control the horrendous anxiety, but I feel like a leper.

Maybe time to move on to a Parkinson's site. I hadn't wanted to do that as I'd wanted my support group to stay as wide as possible.
    Last edited by 23tana; 27-07-15 at 06:23.

Please talk to me peeps. Some of you must have had results, or be awaiting tests, that scare you. How do you deal with it please? I'm obsessing here

23tana, I'm really sorry to read about your diagnosis and sorry I seem to have missed it when you originally posted. I can't imagine what you are going through. I don't have experience with Parkinsons myself, but am thinking of you and sending you loads of hugs. When did you have your tests? It is so hard waiting for results, although for me the lead up to taking the test is worse than waiting for the results. I think because in my mind, what is done is done after I have had the test - can't do anything about it then, ya know?

Do you have any support? Any family or friends who are helpful and assisting you through this process? What activities do you enjoy that you can do to pass the time waiting? Mindfulness meditations are helpful and there are loads of guided ones out on youtube for free.

Keep us posted if you like, I'm sorry you haven't had a lot of responses!!

23tana, I don't know how I missed this Thread.

Yes, Terry is right. My Father had Parkinson's Disease quite late in his Life.
    There are different types of Parkinsons and what you have to remember that it does not kill you, it is a condition that you have to adapt to.
    There are Meds that can improve and control Parkinsons and you can lead a normal Life with the help of these for many, many, many years.
    I think you have an assessment and they test you on your reflexes and balance mainly. They score you out of ten. Then they prescribe meds on the outcome of this.
    Anxiety can obviously make Parkinsons worse and in my opinion it is related.
    My Father was a severe worrier.
    Parkinson's also affects sleep, I don't know if you have experienced this yet.
    Now, patience was not one of my Dad's best points.
    The best thing you can do is keep busy ALL of the time. No matter what it is, you need to keep the brain occupied with little jobs. And don't go to bed thinking, I can't sleep, I am worrying. Just lay on the bed with no intentions of sleeping. Listen to music, read a book, do a crossword, sing a song, just don't fret about the sleeping.
    Keep in touch by phone with as many people you can. You need to feel the comfort and knowing of that.

I believe that you were on one of my other threads and said you lived alone?
    What are your neigh-bours like? Are you friendly with them?
    Maybe if you need to, you could PM me and tell me a bit more about it all, if you want?

Sorry to hear this 23Tana. My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's last year which was a shock to us all.

He is absolutely fine. The doc has him on new pills and he is still the same as ever. Talking to others about it lots of people seem to share that they have a relative/friend etc who has the condition and function as they always did.

There are plenty of useful forums about where you can discuss your worries and learn useful information. I researched a few things for dad. There are people living with the condition with a lot of useful advice and tips to give. Maybe there are support groups in your area too where you could make friends.

If you have any questions let me know and I can pop a message to dad and ask him.

Try not to worry. I know it's really difficult. Keep connected to other people.

I can't offer you any advice from personal experience but I think it's really important that you continue to post on NMP, particularly on the HA forum where most people tend to visit.

You should have as much support if not more than regular HA posters. Quite frankly you should come right at the top of the list for support and help and maybe it would be good for other people to experience what it must be like to have a diagnosed condition and how to manage anxiety arising from your diagnosis.

I'm sure that Carnation will give you the best possible information and advice as will others who have personal experience. Please don't feel abandoned-I'm so sorry you have felt like this. I'm sure some people just don't visit this part of the forum much?

---------- Post added at 21:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

There is a thread about diagnosed conditions on the HA forum and I wondered whether you might find it helpful and hopefully reassuring, 23tana?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information