Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diadnosed Parkinism. Anxiety sky high

Re: Diadnosed Parkinism. Anxiety sky high

Hey Hun I can't possibly imagine what you feel about your diagnosis but I do second everything Pulisa says .
    Whilst I do have a lifelong condition and I do know how hard that can be juggling all the balls in the air .
    Please if you need a shoulder I am here XX

Hi , my dad has parkinson's and i have done a lot of research about it so i can help him and my mum through it .

Firstly you need to understand that Parkinson's can be slowed down by meds, but when my dad was diagnosed they gave him the choice whether to take meds straight away or wait , he chose to take them and i don't know if that was a good thing but we won't know as it is under control .

Anxiety stress and life trauma can bring on Parkinson's and the more anxiety and stress you have the symptoms are heightened , my dad is a naturally stressed person and he cannot calm down so his symptoms are high at times .

The one thing i will advise you to do is to do as much research as you can about the help available and also you must keep active and do physio and also speech keep your voice exercised and sing sing sing because the muscles get weak with Parkinson's but the stronger you keep the muscles the less the symptoms , i know this because my dad has to do physio and when he lacks in his exercises he gets weak slower and he aches .

I hope i haven't scare you ,i just want you to be healthy and if you exercise it will help you a lot . Also join Parkinson's help groups they give you lots of advice and have tons of activities to help you .

Hello FeeltheLove.

I posted earlier on this Thread as my Dad had Parkinson too.

I just wanted to say that my Dad was very active and lived to be 83.
    He was as bright as a button, sang all day long and did not die because of the Disease.

If you ever need to chat. I am around for you.

I'm glad you are getting a bit more support 23tana. I think this board is pretty quiet since there was a member with skin cancer on here who only had a few responses. I think that's just NMP really but hopefully now pulisa has raised this issue, and some others have found your thread, you will get more support going forward which seems to be the case.

Using a forum for Parkinsons will be a good idea to get tips on how to deal with the NHS as well as anything that can help is a good idea anyway and there are a few people here with experience too.

Thank you everyone. The shock is receding somewhat and I am starting to research my options depending on the result of the scan.

My anxiety level is still very high and I suppose it will be until the results are in. I'm trying to concentrate on keeping that and intrusive thoughts in check.

Your tips, comments and support really help. I'll have to supply everyone with earplugs if I have to sing my way through it!

This must be a very stressful and challenging time for you and I do hope you get the results as quickly as possible-the waiting game is just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Hello FeeltheLove.

I posted earlier on this Thread as my Dad had Parkinson too.

I just wanted to say that my Dad was very active and lived to be 83.
    He was as bright as a button, sang all day long and did not die because of the Disease.

If you ever need to chat. I am around for you.

Thank you very much i appreciate that

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 23tana View Post
    Thank you everyone. The shock is receding somewhat and I am starting to research my options depending on the result of the scan.

My anxiety level is still very high and I suppose it will be until the results are in. I'm trying to concentrate on keeping that and intrusive thoughts in check.

Your tips, comments and support really help. I'll have to supply everyone with earplugs if I have to sing my way through it!
    Ha ha don't worry about others just sing sing sing if they don't like it then they will have to join in with you

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    This must be a very stressful and challenging time for you and I do hope you get the results as quickly as possible-the waiting game is just horrible.
    I've an appointment to hear the results on 10th October. Years away!

That's an unacceptably long wait! Could you ask to go on the cancellations list-there's always a chance that you could get seen earlier?

My Dad had to wait ages too Pulisa. One was bout 3 months and the other was another 3 months. I don't know why that is.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information