Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diadnosed Parkinism. Anxiety sky high

Re: Diadnosed Parkinism. Anxiety sky high

Lack of staff, not enough clinics, too much paperwork..?

I'm sorry that it's all been so long drawn out for you. It may be "routine" for the docs but not so for you or any patient awaiting results

Yep. Think you got it right.
    It was the same with my Partners Cancer OP. 7 months wait in total.
    We got so fed-up with waiting, we just had to get on with our Lives.

That's what you have to do. Do what you can your end and keep your day full with things so it keeps your Mind off the worry. You can't sit there marking the days of the calendar, it will drive you mad and push the Anxiety up.

Wow, can't believe they make you wait that long. That's unbelievable and a shame. I hope you are hanging in as best as you can.

I guess it's a priorities issue and with it being non life threatening, you go in the queue. It's really sad given the fact this is a very scary problem to face.

Apparently the scan I have to have (PET/CT) can only be done by a special machine of which there are only 4 in the country. So there are long queues.

Are you able to take a Holiday between now and then. It will give you something nice to look forward to. I don't know your personal circumstances 23tana, but a break or change of some sort will definitely help.

I saw my psychologist today. She's abandoned what we were doing and has booked a series of meetings to support me through until after I get the Parkinsons test results in October. I was really pleased. Just hope my CPN has as much sense when I see her tomorrow.

Carnation, I have thought about going away for a while. Maybe just a few days distraction. Thanks for all your advice.

The anxiety seems to subside a little, then bang it hits me again. Just like other people have said, things that seemed major before have receded into the distance now.

How sensible and supportive of your psychologist and it's just what you need. Let's hope your CPN can be equally practical and supportive-grab whatever support you can from every available service.

If you think a few days away would help to distract you and give you a break from your everyday routine then go for it! Just think of your own wellbeing.

I'm glad your psychologist is adjusting the schedule and sessions to be more supportive of you. That's really good. I agree with what others have said - do something for you. It's all about self-care and whatever helps your wellbeing!!

Just thought I'd say Hi and to see whether you have planned a break or holiday?
    How have you been coping lately?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information