Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Diadnosed Parkinism. Anxiety sky high

Re: Diadnosed Parkinism. Anxiety sky high

Been to GP. I saw neurologist in June. I asked my GP to chase scan appointment as I've still heard nothing. She has had a reply from neurologist that their original letter has been lost (that's actually what it says. No apology.) They are having to write again with details when found, so I know nothing right now. Don't know if scan was booked or not. Neurologist nurse and secretary at GP's are chasing it.

I am beyond fed up. Anxiety has turned overnight to depression. All I can do is sleep. How do I fight this? I feel like a non-person - a piece of paper that happened to be dropped in a waste bin somewhere. I'm too numb to even get angry.

Can anyone help me snap out of this?

I think in view of this almighty cock-up that you have every right to have your referral fast-tracked through and you should have your scan at the time it was originally scheduled.

I appreciate that you have no energy to pursue this and it does take up a lot of time to keep on pestering them but a single phone call to the neurology department voicing your concern as to why an important letter has just been lost in the system when you have been diagnosed with Parkinson's a few months ago may make them look into this with more urgency?

You must feel gutted but please don't lose heart? It's another setback but you'll get there. Why are things so complicated when you really need a swift and reliable service from the NHS?

Wow, you know I can definitely see why you'd be anxious and fed up with all of this. I can't imagine how exhausting emotionally and physically it has been on you.

The reason you don't give up is because you know you deserve better than this and deep down a part of you wants to keep fighting.

Hang in there.

23Tana, this happened to my Partner. So don't take it personally.
    It will get sped up second time round, but I think that it is now the right time for you to get away and have that break. I know you don't feel like it, but believe me, you need it and it will help enormously. That's what we did. We got so fed-up with it in the end. So, please, please try and do something; anything.

One of these...

These things always annoy me because when you have systems that work on appointments with follow up actions, they pump out reports of things that haven't happened in time or those that have been waiting too long. You would expect them to have robust system reporting for this and if your letter was printed and you didn't show it should flag something up surely? (I'm not saying you didn't, just that to them it should at least look that way as a doctor would be expected to be updating your notes with results).

It's so annoying when this happens and it makes all our highly paid doctors look like a bunch of numpties that you wouldn't trust handling your phone bills let alone your health! (If you don't pay those bills by the expected date, guess what those systems send you automatically ) I've always disliked this pass the parcel they play when they refer you yet you have to go through your GP a lot of the time to speak to them for you.

I really do think your GP should work harder. As pulisa says, just picking up a phone and speaking to a human being to book something in means getting priority. My dad had a minor op last year and it left him with pain and he asked his GP to chase the hospital up as they had said to come back, the letter got lost and it was up to my dad to chase his GP to be told it was lost and no apology like you. We really shouldn't be expected to be chasing them, they should have a system capable of handling the management of their patients. The private sector seems to manage this.

I think the best thing would be to get some sleep and have a break from this for a short time, even overnight, and you may feel less sick of it. I had to chase my GP 3 times for a referral to CBT, with no explanation of why it wasn't happening, and it was the last thing I needed. But sadly, sometimes we have to push to make them do their jobs and you will get what you need quicker. Don't exhaust yourself though, kick the GP and let them kick the others for you, then you put it to rest for a bit and distract yourself with things to make you feel better and let it come back to you when they have sorted their mess out.

I hope it is sorted soon and I hope you find something to keep you happy right now and that your anxiety isn't affected too much by this. Vent all you want on here if it helps or just have a chat.

How are you 23Tana?

Have you managed to sought out a break of some sort?
    I wish there was more I could do for you, but I am here if you need to talk.

Thank you for your replies everyone. Still nothing heard about the scan yet. I'm thinking of ringing the clinic myself to see if it's been booked in.

Carnation I am going to go to my sister's for a few days. I can relax there. Her children will keep me busy. I haven't seen her for 2 years so we have a lot to catch up on. Thanks for your offer to talk.

I'm glad that you've made some plans and that you're going to see your sister. I hope you'll feel better just by getting away from it all xx

Oh, I am so pleased you are getting away.

How are you 23tana?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information