Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5 months throat- left side.

Re: 5 months throat- left side.

THANK YOU

Will update on what they say after Thursday (if I have the courage from news I do not want to hear)!!

Thanks again

Today is my ENT appt, i am petrified!!!

Hey!

Had the scope done and nothing sinister has showed up except for inflammation by my voicebox and upper pharynx.

YAY!!!!

HAPPY EASTER ALL!!

Hi Kay, that's great news.
    I've been having a problem with globus since January and my GP has been quite good.
    He said it was most probably caused by anxiety but still refered me for the camera up my nose, down my throat. The ENT doc told me I has acid reflux which I assume is silent as I didn't experience heartburn. 6 weeks later after tablets for reflux and anxiety I unfortunately still have problems. ENT are going to do a scope under anaethetic, I think just to reassure me as he has reiterated that I need to tackle the root cause, anxiety. Hope you can now relax and enjoy your wedding prep

Hi there

I know what you mean...I have had this issue now for about 7 weeks leading to 8 weeks, it was a relief to know there is no growths or tumors or discolored skin to suggest pre-cancerous cells however the problem I have is the throat on my right side, it seems to 'sizzle', this is the only way I can describe it. The Dr said that it may take up to 6 months for the throat to heal & there was inflammation, my throat has been aching today just a dull burn & when I swallow the pain is on my right its so annoying.

I trust the dr & he did not find anything but why is my throat just not healing, it still all seems so worrying. My reflux is silent too, no heartburn, I have experienced the acid taste in the back of my mouth and felt the acid come all the way to my voicebox so I know I have reflux however the throat is not healing....

It is so annoying, what helps for your throat? Do you sometimes feel that you throat is sticking together?

Let me know how you are

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information