Thread: My 10weeks on prozac. Sheer hell!

My 10weeks on prozac. Sheer hell!

Hi i just wanted to post a brief message about my 10 week journey on prozac.
    I started on prozac after a visit to the doc telling her i was slightly anxious ans did she have any suggestions??
    Firstly can i say that from start to finish it was sheer hell! i had every single side affect going from day 5 till week 10.. i felt like i was going mad at times and was definitely getting worse.. the doctors advice was stick at it you will get better and things will get easier.. This was the message every time i visited the doctor. i went 26 times in 10weeks.. Which considering prior to this i hadnt been for 6years i reckon something wasnt right. i spoke to people on here who also said stick with it. Never once did my doc mention any other available meds or therapy or anything.. Anyway i decided after seeing a hynoptherapist and him telling me to listen to my own body and what it is telling me. I stopped.. My doc told me that because i had only taken it for 10 weeks i neednt wean off it. Well that was total rubbish because i then had 3weeks of sheer nightmareness again, getting every single withdrawal symptom available..

Ok well on a positive note.. i am now free from prozac.. 4 weeks without it.. I feel much better.. i am back at work.. and doing ok.. i now take 10mg of beta blocker propranolol and it works for me! I did get a second opinion from another doc who said Prozac would only feed the anxiety and that it is not a good med for this illness! Please if anything just remember if your body dont feel right and especially after 10 weeks go back docs and change meds.. Just because they are wearing the white coat doesnt mean they know best. Good luck all.

Re: My 10weeks on prozac. Sheer hell!

Omg polly I am having hell with this.. I'm going to book in to see my GP. Did they give you an indication as to what drugs are good for anxiety.

Re: My 10weeks on prozac. Sheer hell!

I was told that the propranolol was good and to be honest it is working wonders.. i only take 10mg a day but it is working fine.. She did mention other meds similar to prozac but i decided to go without.. //if ya dont feel right go gp.. but it maybe that you are just suffering from normal side affects that will disappear,, /alot of people on here have good positive stories.. /if ya get chance read the betterdays diary.. its very informative and pretty spot on with what i felt but with me it just got worse and worse.. good luck and keep focused and strong. x

Thread Information