Thread: DVT/blood clot after surgery?? Really scared

DVT/blood clot after surgery?? Really scared

Hi all, some of you may remember that I posted towards the end of last week about my anxiety over gall bladder surgery - I had the keyhole surgery on Friday and by all accounts it went to plan.

I was kept in hospital overnight and discharged on Saturday afternoon.

I've just been reading about recovering from surgery, and it said one of the signs of a blood clot to look out for was "the veins near the surface of your leg appearing larger than normal" - I'd noticed on Saturday/Sunday that a couple of veins on my left leg (at the back, just above the heel/Achilles) looked very prominent, but I tried to talk myself out of it.

Of course, now I'm completely panicking

I've just looked now and they've gone down, but now I've just convinced myself that the clot has dislodged and is heading for my lungs.

I don't know what to do, should I call someone, I don't want to bother people with an overreaction!

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:58 ----------

I've just felt the top (shin) of my leg and it feels a bit warm, I'm really panicking now!!

Re: DVT/blood clot after surgery?? Really scared

The worst thing is I've just come back from an appointment at the clinic where they checked on my wounds, I could've mentioned it then but forgot! I'm on the pill as well, which I know increases the risk...

My toes feel a bit weird now and I'm starting to shake, but I don't know what's real and what's my anxiety I thought my anxiety would calm down post-surgery! Does it ever stop? :(

Re: DVT/blood clot after surgery?? Really scared

I've just asked my mum to check my leg and she didn't notice anything to worry about, so I'm trying to relax but I just can't the veins have come back up!

---------- Post added at 17:56 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

I'm going back to the clinic on Friday, I'll bring it up then; I just need to know its not an immediate worry (ie, I'm going to collapse and die in a few hours) and I can calm myself down. Sorry, I know it's all sounds mental!

Thread Information