Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Light headedness worry

I have just found this forum - I am so so so worried about feeling light headed, I am in a vicious circle of fear. I managed to get it under control a few months ago but it has come back with a vengence with headaches to boot! More blood tests which push up the whole stress factor, waiting for results etc etc. I tried a Cognative Therapist and that was a great help. I am going back to see him next week.

Anyhow - it feels better to share this with you, other people just don't get it. I am getting light headed because I am scared of getting light headed. Nasty.

Alistair

Hi Dan

You are describing my symptoms exactly. I have had constant lightheadedness/dizziness for a week now, normally it comes and goes. I was anxiety free for most of last year and all of a suddern it came back within a split second just before Christmas and its been pretty bad since then. I feel absolutely awful and feel like I am going insane!

I try to do yoga and it usually works unless I am really bad in which case I go to bed or if I can't like when I am at work, I try extremely hard to focus on one task. This probably works the best as I find that later on I think to myself, oh, I haven't been dizzy for a while, but then I am obviously thinking about it so it comes back. Its so frustrating!

I get the headaches too, right across from one temple to the next. They can last a few days.

It kind of helps know that others are experiencing the same things.

Caroline

Hi.

I know what you mean. I usually do some volunteer work on Thursdays but today my anxiety was so bad, I had to contact them and say I would have to call it quits as I couldnt carry on letting them down (a few abscences lately due to family emergencies, but todays was simply too much anxiety)

Anyway, the dizzyness comes and goes, its like a constant wooliness with fleeting two or three second outs of dizzyness, even when I'm sat down sometimes........

Bizzare.

-----------------------------
    I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

HI DAN,EVERY SINGLE THING YOU SAY IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL.AND I TOO GET REASSURANCE FROM KNOWING OTHER PEOPLE HAVE THE SAME SYMPTOMS SO UST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW I GET THEM TOO.

LOUISE

Hi Dan, the beta blockers are wonderful. I have a fear of taking meds (see my post) and coulcn't bring myself to take them for weeks, then on night I woke up feeling so anxious and upset I didn't care, I just didn't want to feel like that.
    So I took one, didn't take away the fear in the mind, but after all that trembling shaking and palpitations, I felt still, so still...........take them, they really help.

Hi Dan
    this is deffinately anxiety i had exactly the same as you for months lightheaded all the time headaches 24/7 shaky sweaty it takes a while but they do go you have to relax and accept there is nothing wrong except anxiety i did not take any meds
    you will be fine take care carol

Thanks for the messages. I've had the beta blockers for two days now and although I still feel anxious, I can relate to Cattt's post, you sort of get a stillness. Wow, its nice to be able to try and relax without having my heart racing.

-----------------------------
    I want to go up to my anxiety, smile, put my arm around it and say to it caringly, 'Hey! How are you? How's your day been?'

Then, just as its about to answer me, I wanna throw a sack over it and give it a hiding within an inch of its life.

That would be nice.

Hi Everyone,

Everytime I read a message from someone who feels the same as me I feel better. Thank you!

Still not feeling 100% but on the positive side this is the best I have felt for months.

Alistair

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information