Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constant fast heart day after day after day ...

Constant fast heart day after day after day ...

38 years old , Started late one night in 2008 until present day. Resting pulse 95 and upto and over 120 upon any movement. Had most tests including 24 hour ecg, 2 echoes, treadmill exercise test. they just concluded sinus tachycardia. No medication said it was all anxiety / stress related. I recall that maybe prior to the start of it all I had done some leg/back exercises for supposed trapped L1 nerve but when i mentioned to docs they dismissed it. blood pressure always high in the doctors but always normal at home using Omron blood pressure machine. Im at a loss here and its ruining my life. please help me...

Re: Constant fast heart day after day after day ...

Are you doing anything to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yes, I have had counselling, cbt, mindful cbt, hypnosis, meditation, mindful meditation, distraction / exposure therapies. Thanks.

Hi no offence but are you active/over weight / bad diet etc.

In the current hot weather your rhr will be higher than normal.
    What is it during a good hour of meditation?

My heart rate can be around 80 to 90 and if I meditate it gets down to 55 or lower.
    Look back with a smile and whisper 'I lived!'

Quote Originally Posted by Daniele_T View Post
    In the current hot weather your rhr will be higher than normal.
    What is it during a good hour of meditation?

My heart rate can be around 80 to 90 and if I meditate it gets down to 55 or lower.
    Hi Daniele,
    I just wondered why would the hot weather make the resting heart rate be higher than normal?

Today I woke up with my heart going around 150bpm and its stayed that way all day I have no idea what it's doing but I can feel it pulsing through my body.

Quote Originally Posted by humbug83 View Post
    Hi Daniele,
    I just wondered why would the hot weather make the resting heart rate be higher than normal?
    In hot weather your heart rate naturally increases, as a cooling mechanism.

The faster your blood moves around your body - the higher the volume of blood that is moving through the blood vessels that run close to your surface of your skin and through your extremities, which is how your body is able to dissipate heat.

How much of an increase this causes I don't know...but would probably vary from individual to individual and (obviously) depend on how hot they were.

---------- Post added at 19:46 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightCalm View Post
    Today I woke up with my heart going around 150bpm and its stayed that way all day I have no idea what it's doing but I can feel it pulsing through my body.
    Hmmm, that is fast... especially to be lasting all day. How is it now?

Are you actually feeling stressed/anxious? I would be inclined to go and get that checked out (if you haven't already) if it stays like that much longer. Even if it is sinus tachycardia related to anxiety, or something like a-fib, then the Dr might advise that a simple Beta Blocker might help control it, if it happens a lot.

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:46 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by paul763 View Post
    38 years old , Started late one night in 2008 until present day. Resting pulse 95 and upto and over 120 upon any movement. Had most tests including 24 hour ecg, 2 echoes, treadmill exercise test. they just concluded sinus tachycardia. No medication said it was all anxiety / stress related. I recall that maybe prior to the start of it all I had done some leg/back exercises for supposed trapped L1 nerve but when i mentioned to docs they dismissed it. blood pressure always high in the doctors but always normal at home using Omron blood pressure machine. Im at a loss here and its ruining my life. please help me...
    Do you yourself believe that this is perhaps related to anxiety? Do you [honestly] feel like your anxiety is usually well managed... or would you say you do feel anxious most of the time and have simply accepted it and just "cope"? I only ask because if you feel like there is a chance to try and better deal with your anxiety, then it really might help control this.

That said, if you feel like your anxiety is something you are usually able to control but you still have this - or as condition/symptom in it's own right, it is actually affecting your quality of life, then go back to the doctors and tell them this. There may be medication they can prescribe to help with this. Things like Beta Blockers are really nothing to be scared of (I'm not saying you are, just that some people are). They are highly effective, non mind-altering drugs if the Doc suggests they may be an option for you.

90 - 120 is nothing to be concerned over.

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousM View Post
    90 - 120 is nothing to be concerned over.
    Who told you that?

120 at rest for extended periods of time isn't good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information