Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Numb big toe :(

Numb big toe :(

Has anyone suffered with a numb big toe before?! It's not the whole toe it's the outside portion and half the tip.

I have noticed it's not completely numb I can feel it if I touch it but it feels weird like I have had an anaesthetic. The part that's numb does have hard skin so not sure if that could have caused it but I doubt it. I have had it for about 6 weeks now :(

I'm trying to think of what could have caused it before running off to the drs, I do have hard skin and I tend to sit with my legs up for long periods as I work from home, trying to stop my mind wondering to things like MS!

Any advice much appreciated

Re: Numb big toe :(

Ive had this it lasted for months I would only notice it if I rubbed my toe or if it brushed against something, such as my blankets

Broken nerve on a line where numb meets fine. rub it and it either goes or gets worse. Gout would be the whole toe and very painful. Usually comes from pinching, like kneeling with tight shoes.

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

Nerves heal slow it could take six month if you don't keep breaking it.

My son had this problem for a while but it sorted itself out.

Thanks for the responses

My toe certainly isn't painful, the only time i really notice it is when i touch it or rub it on something, it just feels desensitized if that makes sense!

Very strange feeling but will just see how it goes and hopefully it will put itself right over time. It's nice to know there are others out there who have experienced the same thing and im not just falling apart

xx

I had a pair of work shoes. I work at a hospital so I cab only use certain shoes, and I hate buying scrubs or shoes for work, so I kept these shoes for 4 years. They were in horrible shape and they made my feet hurt. I realized one day half of the side of my foot was numb. No feeling at all. At the time I was a different person and didnt care, but my fiance insisted I go to a podiatrist. He told me it was my shoes they werw ausing bad posture and affecting the nerves in my foot. Maybe sitting on ur foot is doing the same thing. Try to massage the toe and avoid any pressure on it and see if it helps.

Thanks Nivekc251, im going to start changing the way i sit and see if that helps....BUT my trainers are also pretty old and battered and i have been keeping them for comfort, maybe its time i got rid of them and treated myself to a new pair

Yea, I had this for weeks, worked out it was the way I sat cross legged was putting pressure on a nerve.

Stopped sitting that way and within a day or two it became very painful... then a day or two after that my sensation was back!

I think the pain was the nerve waking back up

Hi Cariad,

I have this a lot, lost a lot of sensation in one of my big toes, apparently it is down to damaging my nerves from cramming my feet into uncomfortable high heels!! if you have wide feet and wear tight fitting shoes (maybe unknowingly) then this could be the reason.

I know this is an old post but its always good to have a bit of reassurance!

xx

Thanks White

Still have my numb big toe, i think im falling apart!!

Dr tested me for diabetes because of the numbness and also the tingly feelings i get in my face but they all came back normal.

I do have fat feet so shoes could have been the issue, have new ones now and hoping the sensation comes back soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information