Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: recent arguments on the forum.

Re: recent arguments on the forum.

Father Ted to the rescue! That's more like it!

Honestly, humour is a great diffuser of tension and it's great if we can go on that way. I always call my house The House of Fun despite quite desperate family dysfunction (not my words, m'lud!) so we just jog along and keep smiling! I come on here for some respite

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

And I'm sure I need psychiatric intervention-it's not necessarily a bad thing at all. Let's just get on with things as best we can? We've got enough to cope with as it is?

his legendary charm too, as mrs doyle opens the door he asks for mrs doyle, confused she`s says `it`s me` and he looks astonished says `nooo! I thought you were marilyn monroe` then later asks can he put his massive tool in her box and produces a two foot long spanner and an innocent look.

Ted`s regular fantasies of being rich too when he`d drift off and appear in a 70s disco scene in shades surrounded by the ladies.

and my favourite ever, he`s called a nazi and says `no, nazis dress up in black, shout a lot and tell people what to do whereas catholic priests...erm...aaah just feck off will ya!!`

irreverant, mad as a box of frogs and very very funny.

Breaking News From Nic: A warm welcome to a new member of the admin team...

please don`t take this the wrong way but can you imagine in any other walk of life other than a mental health forum, where longstanding bad feeling , arguing etc could suddenly be cured by the intervention of - Father Ted!

`and how did it all sort itself out in the end?`
    `well you really wouldn`t believe it.....`

fantastic, sat her grinning my head off for the first time in ages, love it

What about Judge Rinder to back him up? Has anyone seen that TV programme? 2pm weekdays- I watch a bit if I'm around- God, it's cringeworthy but entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by paulmoldeeside View Post
    this really needs sorting, problem is a large chunk of the posts that led to this have been deleted by admin which may have seemed the best thing to do but to my mind it`s brushed things under the carpet to a degree instead of actually confronting and dealing with the issues. Openly being called a liar for example is apparently acceptable but when you fire back and demand proof the thread is deleted.

So I`m not sure how this is all going to pan out. It`s gone from being a friendly helpful place to feeling like one of those pubs you walk in and it all goes quiet.

maybe a warning cards system? Yellow / red / one week ban or something? God knows.

I know there are forum rules but the ethos of the site used to be help and support, not analysing every word someone posts, or making them feel scared to post anything, so hopefully the place can be restored to it`s former glory.

fingers crossed.

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

posted same time as you Sam, yes 100% agree close threads not delete then if you`ve got the time or inclination to see what was said it`s there for everyone, nothing hidden.

off for a chunk of arctic roll and a sit in the garden, please let`s get this sorted admin and all members, it`s too valuable to let it rot the way it`s going.

This of course was my main point and shows a bias to some posters and not others.

Sam

Just look at the post by Davit today immediately prior to your initial post. Is that acceptable,would you like to receive that.

With regards to humour I tried that. I love humour it keeps me sane but whenever I write anything about my situation with regards to health or anxiety or my poor daughter's illness, Davit always questions what I write.

I truly bellieves he relishes confrontation and if I didn't respond that would upset him.

He maybe knowledgeable but it just shouldn't be tolerated the way he responds to me and others ,even when it is none of his business.

Again Admin should be quicker off the mark.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me but then again they are not getting daily abuse from one person.

Quote Originally Posted by paulmoldeeside View Post

and my favourite ever, he`s called a nazi and says `no, nazis dress up in black, shout a lot and tell people what to do whereas catholic priests...erm...aaah just feck off will ya!!`
    Don't forget the perfectly square piece of dirt on the window.

Seriously?!?!?!?!? Are you all adults or children!!!!

Pending admin review.
    Last edited by venusbluejeans; 04-07-15 at 12:03.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information