Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: recent arguments on the forum.

Re: recent arguments on the forum.

Ricardo,

I mentioned your name as an example of a time I mentioned about my frustration. It was on a thread that is still around somewhere. There is nothing more to it than that.

No, there are different reasons and as I have stated, they will not be discussed in public. Equally I stated my position as is my right. This is not intended to cause friction as since it is my personal right to contribute or not (and not everybody does) no one has a right to question it either. People can choose to think what they wish, but people do not understand the reasons hence should perhaps think about that before judging. Nic has accepted this and I'm not sure why you are choosing to question it? If people are willing to judge my character purely on the basis of this, I am clearly in the wrong forum.

When I said "the above situation is included in this" I was not referring to monitoring of the site but the issue that I have asked for guidance on from Nic in this thread. Where I wrote that could be confusing as it might imply it means the paragraphs just above, it doesn't.

The point I raised about monitoring is something I thing needs resolving but I know there are resource issues hence that was not the reason. There are on all forums like this.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say in regards to doctors, personal experience, etc? If you mean to reconfirm what Pipkin has said a few times about people having differing opinions, I totally understand all that. I have no issue with people believing what they want to as long as it isn't harmful to others. People can choose to take advice, agree or disagree as is their right.

Moving on sounds good. BUT Venus gave us the right to reply above so we can talk about the issues. The alternative is we never move on or the issues fester and it starts again. If we weren't meant to discuss it, why not lock the thread and just make it a statement to all? We are not expected to all agree surely?

Also, when I saw this thread I was going to talk about the concerns I raised but did not expect to see the other issue that I have asked Nic for guidance on. I have already walked away from that issue before, I am not prepared to keep doing so and should not be expected to, it is unacceptable in my eyes. Admin are aware of the situation, it is between 2 people and admin. There is no need for anyone else to be involved in that. I realise its just another issue and some people may not appreciate it but lets remember I also have anxiety/feelings and there are limits to what I will accept just as you have been putting across for your own situation.

I think I realise why you have chosen to comment, to calm things, and I am aware there are things we don't know about. There is no ill will involved in what I am saying to you here and I respect the fact you are trying to help. But please remember you may not be in possession of all the facts either, admin are.

Fair enough.

To be honest I think the majority of people who post on here want simple plain advise, nothing to heavy,or intricate, or you need to be a university don to understand the meaning of some of the explanations .

I am of average intelligence and don't understand most of what is written by one or two prolific posters.
    Last edited by ricardo; 03-07-15 at 09:48.

Believe me, I know what you mean. I have the same issues with some topics on here.

Understanding root causes and reengineering processes to correct them was something I did professionally for years so it fits for me. I'm used to research and I like to get stuck into things like that but don't think I always do - its taken some getting my head around all the stuff Davit has been posting about memory.

Some disorders are baffling in terms of complexity. I always struggle with understanding DP/DR.

I think you do understand more than you realise because on several occasions now I have seen you say that and then explain it completely and then finish saying you may have got it wrong. But you hadn't!

You will run out of ink soon, Terry

Half the people I send my book to don't understand it. Half of those ask for explanation, they get it. The rest understand it and use it. If you don't understand something get an answer, don't put it down. CBT is technical and I have tried to simplify it. A large part of my PMs are explaining. People want a cure, not everyone wants to sit back and let it go away. Not everything that happens on here is in forums. A quarter of my communication is PM or Email, That will go close to total now since I'm becoming more and more not welcome here.

Hey guys although I have decided to close my account due to moving on a little I guess.
    I don't really comment really but for what its worth it's really sad to you lovely guys in anyway at logger heads .
    I only really wanted to say what a great help this place has been to me and how some of you have been there .
    Paulmoldeeside makes a really good point and one I guess you will all think about !
    ' all play in the same sandpit without anyone getting beat up so to speak ' .
    Please don't shoot me just an opinion xx

Is it not possible to just draw a line under this?

Things we say are interpreted in a way that we did not intend, even more so online. Anxiety can make some of us ultra sensitive and over analytical.

Is it really so very important to keep on with justifications for a point of view? Nobody, I'm sure, meant any ill will to another person.

People are very different, thank goodness.

It is up to the admins when or if they intervene. Otherwise we are all adults and I hope we can be trusted. I have never seen cruel posts but I may have missed something.

Best wishes and have a good weekend

Lilac

If only, but this is far from resolved which is evident from certain posts since venus asked for people to respect the NMP conduct.Sad really as this could go back to being an excellent site.

Admins have drawn a line under it with this post, apart from deciding if to have words with anyone when this finally settles down and people stop picking at each other.

Waking up to it yet again this morning I was close to to leaving NMP even told Nic that...but in the end realised that it is a big part of me ... the good bits and the bad, just sometimes wish that there were more good times but I guess it is the nature of the illness and I couldn't just leave and leave Nic and Pipkin to deal with it all

Please don't let me wake up to it all again in the morning!!!

Here is our line again!

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Lilac58, I backed off and apologized for my part but it seems it is not going away. I had full intentions of being gone and even emptied my PM folder. lol it is filling up again. It started with misinterpretation and will continue with it. The worst part is when someone uses misinterpretation to keep it going and that is happening. And it is very obvious.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information