Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i really cant stand the ectopics anymore

Re: i really cant stand the ectopics anymore

sammy hun

i have had them years now and at times as you do i get very scared ,
    just over the last few months i have started to try and not let them bother me try take your mnd of them and do somthing at the time they are real bad mabe go for a run or a walk ect it dose help some .
    pm me anytime if you need a chat i know what it is like to be scared over them but i know now that the more you let them panic you the more you will get them

jodie x

Here's a link to a good web page that explains about how the heart works, I've just learnt something from it which I was happy with Hope it can reassure you that ectopics are commonplace and nothing to worry about. Have you tried diversion tactics, for example, when you feel these beats, try rubbing some of your favourite aromatherapy oil onto your arm or leg or even your temples. This has a two fold action, you are taking your attention away from your worry and at the same time releasing a wonder pong that may make you feel better. My most favourite oil is cinnamon, I love the smell and it also takes me back to the most wonderful holiday I had in Sri Lanka. I sometimes sprinkle a little onto my pillow at night.

Hi Sammi I to have ectopics and they drive me mad. One minute Im bouncing around and happy, the next minute, heart goes, worry sets in etc. I have had mine now for about 10 years and Im still here ) The trick is not to focus on them(easier said than done) i know. I to was frightened to do so many things that I enjoyed and then I thought DAMNED if Im gonna let this stop me! When I get them now I cough to take my mind off it sounds silly but it works for me. Be strong and Brave Love Matti

i have had ectopic beats for 3 years,previous m.i so these worried me more,had all the tests was told to ignore them,my doc eventually tried citalopram for them,said it was anxiety related,well it has worked,no more funny flip flops or irregular beats,i honestly thought it was my heart again,but as i said i am free of those awful funny beats,worst time of my life i had them every day for 3 years,no let up.

iv only recently started having these, they scare me so much i know i am not myself anymore.

My doctor has toolistened to me heart/rate/pulse/lungs, had 1 ecg which was ok and they say im having ectopics, harmless, made worse the more i think/stress about them...I cannot accept this.

In my mind they still could be dangerous, i think i have a more serious problem and its affecting my life thinking ike this. Iv tried so hard to accept and ignore, which i have to say does work...but my negative thoughts of it being more serious create anxiety and im struggling to cope.

Thankyou for your post, it helps to read the replies. you're not alone in your despair
    Cassi

Hi everyone,

Im also freaking here, I have had a couple of months when I have had them but not to bad, however was fine at work today, came home, sat down and they went haywire, I panicked like mad, felt all shivery and all night they are coming and going. I get so scared with them. Its reassuring that everyone else has the same problem however I dont know how to keep calm when you are having them. I want to head to bed however I dont cause I dont want to give in to them.

Shaz x

Hi all
    New member here, Yes if heart been checked and all is clear, its the subconscience that triggers it all off. my normal heart rate is 58/62 per minute, GP claims that this low rates can cause ectopic, this could be true.I have suffered for 16 yrs now, I come from a background of anxiety and panick disorders,Yet I am the most calm when all lets loose in the household.
    Typical day, get up clear from ectopic,have a few during the day, around home time they get stronger anxiety creeps in, NOt feeling to good have tennis match, shall I go will something happen ? I decide to go, I play 2 1/2 hrs, during this time all ectopics disapear its a great feeling, I stop and within 5 mins there back,I have 1 pint after and hey they go and dont come back till next day, So this to me is all in the mind. I try to take my mind away from the discomfort but have not mastered it as yet. It helps to share with you all and to understand we are not alone in this. I have tried hypnotherapy, I go Tai chi and although I still feel the damned things I can now accept them and have some control over how they affect me. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Good health.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information