Thread: Need some words of comfort please

Need some words of comfort please

After feeling like I've gone downhill the last few weeks,I phoned my Psychs office this afternoon to see if they could help while I wait for my appt to come through.
    My anxietys been through the roof,and I've started to worry about getting really poorly again.
    They faxed through an increase in Olanzapine to my docs,which I'll start tonight,and have said I can take some diazapan if needed.
    Can't believe how in a short time its all gone so downhill.
    Any advice or reassurance I'd be grateful for.
    Thanks.

Re: Need some words of comfort please

Aprilmoon
    Just remember that nothing is permanent and that even if you feel like this at the moment it will not last forever.
    You WILL get better.
    Sending you hugs x

We both know what "really poorly" means and the fear of that state returning is the major stressor.

You did the right thing by phoning your psych but he didn't bring your appointment forward (I believe?) and is prepared to up the olanzapine to see if this can help lower your agitation before seeing you. You've also got the diazepam which I find can take the edge off and any reduction in this horrible state is a "bonus".

Easy for me to say, I know. I would advise taking the increased olanzapine and then at least you may be able to sleep a bit and zone out from this frightening state? I always hate it when the psychs say "there's no magic wand" to cure you when all you truly want is relief but I do hope that the increased olanzapine helps and that you will feel better asap

Thank-you both

Well,took the extra Olanzapine last night,still had some anxiety this morning,but made myself go out and buy some wool and a knitting pattern.
    Trying to concentrate on that and tell myself that hopefully there will be some sort of accumulative effect,and I will feel a little better tomorrow.
    Took ages to get to sleep last night,which was a surprise,but I was very strung up yesterday,so perhaps I was expecting too much.
    My mind's focusing on a family wedding that's coming up in a couple of weeks,and it involves me taking all of my family members, as I'm the only one that can drive our car,and the thought of not feeling up to it is going round in my head.
    It's not something I'll be able to get out of.

I will tell you what I would tell mysef...Don't think about the fact that you won't be able to get out of it because that will cause more anxiety. After all if you broke a leg (for example) you wouldn't be able to drive and they would have find a way to get there.

If you need to take the extra sedating medication it may make you feel too drowsy to drive anyway?

Thread Information