Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone write ?

Re: Does anyone write ?

Yes, it just makes it a hundred times more draining when you suffer with anxiety and depression.

Yes I need to get some backup for my laptop like because I think it is on its way out to be honest :/ needs a new fan for a start.

Good to hear, well it sounds like you have your life in order and you are moving in the right direction You must be quite busy though ? what are you studying ?

Ah so do you not suffer as much anymore ?

Good advice there Dave

Hi Davit I've noticed that you tend to write in an informative manner in most of your posts. I would prefer if you would engage with the conversation rather than use the conversation to bring about an abstract explanation of 'how things ought to be' on the assumption that I either need it or want it.
    I know many incredible authors that write in first-person, Hunter S Thompson is a magnificent author who used this in many of his books and it worked well, it allowed you to become the character.
    There isn't rules ultimately but there are rules that can help some people, and that is the key, 'some'! If you look at all the great, well known authors, none of them seem to agree on how best to write.
    I would rather you share your experience of your writing rather than you sharing some generic advice that you have possibly gathered from reading from other writers. I have read many a writers accounts on how best to write, I can appreciate many of them but I don't enjoy it when people repeat what others have said when they haven't give any reason for me to believe they have stepped their toe in the water.

I asked if anyone had attempted any writing of their own and how it went. So I didn't ask a question that could be correlated to your answer. It isn't necessarily a matter of 'the' answer but more to do with your aphoristic attitude which seems to indicate you want no involvement in a discussion and just use it as a mean of expressing knowledge or information, for whatever reason.
    I don't say this to insult you, I just want to be clear that I wasn't really asking to hear advice. I've heard countless amounts of advice on writing and none of which I wholly agree with. I was just wanting to open up a discussion

I'm confused, Rennie seemed to say the same?

Yeah, making sure you have your word processor programmes set to "auto cache" is very very important. The amount of times I've seen people in offices lose their work due to a crash and even my own at times, well it was very frustrating to say the least! If you want to say money you could probably upload it to one of these free cloud or webshare sites or even several. Some programs like Norton or Office seem to give out clouds thesedays and I've got a cloud & share facility for so much space with Google just for having my email with them.

I was thinking of putting a couple page exert from a storey because I don't think many have lived on a shore of a big lake among the cree but I can see the ravens picking it apart so I won't.

Terry, PM is starting to feel like a nice cozy cabin. And there is always Email. I'm getting good at deleting single posts, Back to my movie.

I would like to see it. I recall Blue Moon saying she was interested too, so by all means post it, Davit.

Aye I need to sort out a backup soon especially when I start writing alot more it would be devastating to lose so much hard work.

Davit I would love to see your work and I wouldn't be insulting to your work at all. I'm hardly in a position to judge but just merely out of interest at other people's work
    I go to a poetry group and it is always great to hear other people's written work.

Right, back on track we go!

(I didn't see Davit's posts before he deleted them)

How is the writing coming along, Johnno?

ERB 14/01/2016 Forever missed, forever in our hearts, my baby angel girl

I haven't done any today but last night before I went to sleep I wrote a few topics in which to structure the first chapter. Just been sorting out CV today. Applying for an apprenticeship at 27 feels really weird lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information