Thread: things that take away panic and anxiety

things that take away panic and anxiety

hi i have sufferd since the age of 12 i am now 51 just sat thinking this morning about when there is a major crissis in my family my anxiet and panic go out the window why i am dealing with what ever is happening even though my agraaphobia is there all the time i would not beable to run out and go to the problem if u get what i mean but with a member of my family i would just go so i guess when they say distraction works for a lot of our problems is true yet when ther is a happy event coming up ie a wedding or birthday bash i get so tense at the fact i have to go maybe becouse i have time to dwell on the date comeing yet when its bang out the blue i go on auto pilot and deal with it mad aye but i dont want to live for disater comeing to cure me its just somthing i sat thinking like i say yet i could not distract my self with normal things inlife god it sound awfull dont it but if i am sat dwelling on a pain and like i say bang out the blue somthing happens the pain is not the problem sounds awfull any way thanks for letting me ramble on but just wonderd if its just me like this trish

No Trish its not just you, I'm panicky all the time but in a crisis I'm ok. It doesnt make sense does it, but I dont fancy a daily crisis to get me through though.

Sandra x

Hi Trish

Im just the same, constantly worrying about pains i experience, the hard part is wanting to be able to wake up in the morning and not think about it, but it never works yet when iam distracted it disappears (most of the time). I have to try and convince myself that the pain will go away and if it was serious it wouldnt go away. It doesnt always help but on occasions i can talk myself round.

Love Jayne X

Personally i find that in times of crisis the fears i had disappear. My brother in law was recently rushed in hospital with another stroke. I managed to go to the hospital and didnt think twice. Its when i know ive got to do something and have the time to think about it and dwell on it that i get really afraid and panicky.
    The anticipation is far worse than the event, ive been telling myself that so much recently that now im getting slowly better and more confident.

Take care
    LYNN xx

thanks for your replies i dont feel so awfull about it now i was beging to think it was just me bye for now trish xx

Thread Information