Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Events

Recent Events

All,

You will all have witnessed recent confrontations and conflict on the forum. This came to a head this afternoon.

Due to a serious breach of the NMP terms and conditions, and the forum rules, a recent member and prolific poster is no longer a member of NMP. The admin team does not take such action lightly it and recognises that members suffer with various mental illnesses and that the site is here to support members with these. This can sometimes lead to confrontations which we assess on a case by case basis. Action is often taken privately which other members will not be aware of.

However, the team also has a responsibility to ensure that other members are not detrimentally affected by other members' posts and, as such, has taken action in this case due to potentially damaging and hurtful comments.

I hope we have your understanding and support in this action. We wish the ex-member well in his researches.

The admin team's decision is final and a line has now been drawn under this to allow us to continue doing what we do best, supporting and looking out for each other.

The NMP admin team.

Re: Recent Events

Total support on this action, it had to be done.
    Thank you so much for your work and for such a fantastic site which is a big help to so many of us xxx

I hope the ex-member gets the help he has shown himself so desperately to need. I'm sure his online friends will give him that support.

For the future wellbeing of NMP this had to happen.

Ît is good to see that people are now çoming back.I have missed them

I don't think things are quite so simple. A lot has happened and to think it will just all go back to the way it was (whatever that is) is naive in my opinion.

Rather than naïve, I'd like to think that our members are positive and ready to move on after a difficult few weeks with some heated exchanges from many quarters. I welcome the sentiment and I'm looking forward with some optimism.

Take care everyone and have a lovely day.

Pip x

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I appreciate what your saying, Pipkin, but I think some people may need some time to understand where they go from here. There are issues of trust that developed throughout this period and some may find themselves questioning who they need to be wary of. I count myself in that list.

I'm sure members are positive, but not all of them as can be seen on the forum. Some people have lost some friendships due to all this so they are bound to feel upset for a while.

I agree, Terry. It's not as simple as that and we can't all dismiss it and "move on". Some serious matters have arisen as a result of this case and we can't all just promise to be "positive" from now on.

Also many people have been treated like naughty children whereas now all will be able to see just why we were so keen to highlight the true nature of what was happening when someone with profound problems was causing such major upheaval on NMP.

I'm not sure how this will progress, maybe people will be giving others, whoever anyone is in this, a wide birth for a while.

Its not my wish to make work for the admins here, merely to say that not everyone was in agreement over all this so spare a thought for some that will now likely drift away, it was there NMP too. Some people have been collateral damage and I feel that is getting missed somehow.

In my opinion it very much is. However the general consensus appears to be to move on as a line has been drawn on the matter.

Warm wishes to you, Terry. You have always given so much to NMP and it really can't be easy for you yet you continue to help others.

---------- Post added at 09:02 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

I also wanted to add that for many NMP goes on as usual and they will probably not have a clue- fortunately- as to what has been going on over the last few weeks and more.

For those of us who chose to get involved-and there is always a log off option-there is a lot to take in and digest and believe. Some long term members have had no moral option other than to leave NMP and this is disappointing, to say the least.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information