Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That time of the month (sorry boys!)

That time of the month (sorry boys!)

Does anyone find that their anxiety gets worse during that time of the month? Im sorry to ask this but in my case i am seeing a pattern emerge and i wondered if it was the same for anyone else. I am anxious most of the time about something but when my monthly arrives it seems to spiral out of control. My doc says that there is a chance but all i could do is take the contraceptive pill and i have a phobia of swallowing tablets so that is out of the question.

Thanks Jayne x

yes thats me lol are you there we can talk

Yeah im here its great to know im not the only one!

Hi Jayne

Yeah my anxiety gets worse during the time of the month - I dont take any contraceptives either. Sometimes I realise I'm a lot more tense etc and then suddenly realise Im due to come on any day!

I'm doubly anxious about coming on in the next few days as i've just started meds today which freaked me out a bit as I've never gone down that rout before.

Best just to explain to family etc that you might be worse for a few days - evening primrose it suppoed to be good for PMT etc which might help counteract the extra anxiety but apparently you have to take lots of it and it can be expensive.

take care, Rufus

well ive just messaged u but i get the works honestly dizziness, unstableness, shakiness allsorts and every month it seems different somehow does that sound weird or what lol

hi jayne,
    i definetly get more anxious and have more panic attacks during that time. its really horrible since it comes around every month but all i do is hope the next month might be diffrent. i cant really suggest things to do to avoid it cause to be honest i dont even know but at least you might feel better knowing you're not alone. im sure alot of women experience it too. take care.
    love,
    twiglet xx

hi rufus ive taken meds before and not again for now believe me i was on seroxat for ages which helped me tremendously but coming of is difficult believe me. However with the pmt it didnt completly helped but yes with everything else it did. Ive taken primrose B6 everything and didnt really do me much good to tell you the truth
    I believe in the breathing and relaxation which works very much too however the worst is always before a period i find especially the shakiness.

yvette

Im so glad to hear it, because when i say this to ppl they just tel me i have pms, but i dont have that because i dont get moody, just anxious! I have thought of taking evening primrose oil but i cant swallow the capsules! The hard part for me is they last 10 days and i feel like i just get over the anxiousness and im due on again! I have about one good week a month. I shouldnt really moan because i know a lot of ppl dont have good days let alone one week.

Yes definitely, I'm much worse BUT I can vouch for evening primrose oil! The last 2 months I've had no additional anxiety, no PMT, more regular, in fact it's completely taken me by surprise!

I take evening primrose 1000mg - it says to take 1-3 capsules a day. I think I started on 3 but very soon forgot and only managed one a day. I started taking them at the end of a period and by the next one I was so much better (PMT-wise). Now I just take one when I remember, which is about once a week.

I bought mine from Holland and Barrett when they were on offer - I got a huge bottle quite cheap. But definitely you need 1000mg strength, as I tried the 500mg once and it made no difference at all.

I would strongly recommend this as worth trying!

Caroline

Jayne
    It's really common for women to get anxious premenstrually and, of course, when you actually come on you usually feel lousy too. We react to hormone changes but also, premenstrually, there is sometimes a deficiency in serotonin - the happy neurotransmitter.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20030415/1743.html

We seem to just be victims to our hormones and neurotransmitters. When they're out of balance then so too are we. I always feel worse just before a period and my last cycle was 39 days and so it went on and on. Plus, January makes me feel flippin awful so basically I wasn't good to be around. Thank God February is here.

Elle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information